Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Randoms

It took me a while to write this post... the post of March (it's now mid June).  So much happened during this month but I don't want to much time to pass and I forget how I truly felt during this time.

The month started out great and Boonie got to go on his 3rd grade field trip to the zoo.  It was so fun to chaperone.  Wyatt and Adelyn came along too.  When we got there we ran into Boonie's heart throb that had moved away just a couple weeks prior.  Her name was Kaitlin and she was thrilled to see him.  It was cute to see him be so shy.  We also need to remember the terrible choice I made on his hair trying to give him a cool mohawk trendy do.  After all the kids got back on the bus I stayed with the kids and we went through the zoo again.   There was hardly anyone there so it was special and fun.  It was also special bc of how much Boonie wanted me around.

Kaitlin









Drake, Boone, Crew, Ryder








Around this same time we started to hear about the Corona virus overseas.  It was starting to affect LA and Seattle big time... Mason and I decided to use our datenight and go to Sam's club and stock up on food and supplies.  We spent a good amount of money (using our tax return even) and filled our pantry.  Little did we know what the next weeks would bring.  One week later all of America and Utah started to shut down and the stores were emptied.  Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and clorox wipes were in the highest demand.  We had everything we could have ever needed.  It was a blessing.






And so quarantine began.  Kids were sent home from school and one by one things began closing.  Stores, church, borders, everything.  This all came one week before we were suppose to go to Arizona to visit my parents.  It was HARD.  It was REALLY hard.  We didn't know what the outcome would be.  We didn't know how deadly the virus was.  I was super worried about my parents especially my mom bc she is in the highest risk bracket.  Oh and there was an earthquake on top of it all in Utah.

We tried to figure out the unknown and the new normal with home schooling and all 4 kids being home together ALL THE TIME now.  I tried to be a good mom and do fun things with them, but I also found myself losing my patience much faster than I normally would.  Each new closure that came each day took a major tole on me and I know it effected the kids too.  Especially Boonie.  He tends to mirror my emotions and so when I wasn't being my best he would mirror it.  He developed this intense anger and rage.  I felt bad for him and it was hard to tell where it was coming from.  It all must have been stressful for him too.





One of the best things to come out of it all was home church.  We were able to have sacrament meetings at home that were so special and sacred.  The spirit was so strong.  We have loved having church at home with our little family.











Luckily it was spring here in Utah so we were able to get outdoors.  We went on lots of hikes.  Lots and lots.






















No comments: