Saturday, September 8, 2018

Latern Fest

From the first time that I heard about Latern Fest I knew I wanted to take the kids and go.  It was so fun.  We arrived, claimed our spot and listened to the live music and had snacks.  It was like waiting for fireworks on the 4th of July.  It sprinkled on us when we got there, so we had to hide under the blanket for a bit.  We all wrote some goals on the laterns and the kids drew pictures.



The laterns were a little tricky to figure out.  Our first one Boonie and Mason lit only to have Boonie drop his side and the latern went down in flames.  There were laterns flying all around us.  Some were going up into the sky but many were crashing down in flames all around it.  It was hysterical.  There were flaming balls heading towards our children at all times.  One bounced off of Mason's back.

Our second latern Marae helped Mason light.  This time we didn't let is cave in and it actually took flight.  It was so magical watching all the laterns fly.  Such a fun night.























No comments: