I have a big class this year! I am starting off with 28 kids. Usually I start off with around 24 kids and then end the year with 27 or 28. So... we shall see how many I actually end up with. That is a ton of 6 year olds but they make me laugh and I love em. I just come home exhausted. But Mason has learned my quirks and how to suffice the crabby beast.
In about two weeks I am going to start teaching an after school ballroom dance class for the 4th graders. It's just an introduction to ballroom dance class but I am excited to be dancing again. I have never taught dance before, only done it - and I have never really worked with that age before. But it still will be fun!
9 comments:
I love to see you dance, I bet the kids will have fun. Remember lip sync in my living room???
WOW!!! 28 first graders!! Is that even allowed? Oiii! I know exactly what you mean about coming home exhausted/beat. I remember how you came home in Alpine and still had a social life. How in the world did you manage that for your first year??? I work til like 11 pm every night. And my feet kill!!! Any words of wisdom? (I just finished my 2nd week of school). I still am gawking at the thought of 28 first graders from day 1!
Allison,
You are so accomplished! If I were your mom and dad I would be sooo proud! You are awesome! It's so cool that you got to go to Africa! I bet you are a great teacher! Brittani will be starting first grade in 2010- it would be so cool if you were her teacher. Anyway, it's good to see how you are doing! -Tanya
Oh Allison, you are so amazing! Those kids are lucky to have you. Teaching dance is the best - you'll love it! 100 times easier than teaching school I'm sure :)
I'm sure you'll shine, as always, while teaching the ballroom class :) I love your blog :)
Hey there!
We have a very high-stung Chocalate Lab puppy. He's so much fun, but he is a handful :) I'll post a pic of him :)love you guys!
You'll be great teaching those younguns to dance! It can't be any worse than working with me during Evita!
Girl, you are just as beautiful as ever- maybe even more so, if that's possible. Glad to see you're happy and doing well!
-Stephanie Saunders (staats)
that's so cool you teach school, how fun, and have fun teaching dance!!!
Post a Comment