Weight: 11 pounds 13 ounces - 75th percentile
Height: 24 inches - 97th percentile
Things Adelyn does at 2 months:
- Smiles. She has the cutest little smile that curls up like a bow. The other night we put her to bed at like 8 and she woke up after a while. She didn't start crying but was making sounds like she was trying to get our attention. It was as if she were saying, "HEY!" Mason went in there and she was complete smiles. She just wanted to hang out with someone. Boone and Marae love to tell us when she smiles at them - which is quite frequently.
- She is the best sleeper in the world. I'm not kidding. We put her to bed at 8/9 and she wakes up at 6:45 when the other kids do. What!? Trick baby!? Yes she is. Heavenly Father knew I couldn't handle anything else.
- She sucks in her air and makes a squeaky silly sound.
- She is starting to get more vocal. When she's in a good mood and the kids aren't around making noise she will sit there and talk to me. The other day she screamed while talking to me and then was silent for about 3 minutes. I think she scared herself.
- She always smiles her biggest for daddy.
- I call her bug. Tato bug. She is so deliciously squishy. She also has the nicknames of princess and angel. My favorite is when Boonie and Marae also call her princess.
- She likes to be rocked to sleep at night. During her daytime naps she will just lay right down and go to sleep staring at something but at night she likes to be rocked to sleep in the recliner which I don't mind doing at all. She doesn't ask for much.
- Her hair is amazing. She gets compliments on it everywhere she goes.
- Her ears stick out. I think she will grow into them. Luckily she has a ton of hair that covers them up. We were at the fun park this weekend and I was wearing her in the baby bjorn. She had a head band on and I noticed everyone looking at my darling baby and smiling. I was so proud. Then I went into the bathroom to wash my hands (I'm a germ freak) and saw her in the mirror. The headband had pushed her ears completely forward (think dumbo) and she was pushing her head back against my chest like she always does when she is upright and stiff making her double chin/cheeks protrude like an extremely overweight man. I should have taken a picture. It was hilarious.
- She is the light in all our lives. Everyone adores her. I wish I could keep her this small and sweet forever.
The many faces of Adelyn... all within a 20 second time frame after church one Sunday.
Another Sunday with my dolly and her handsome daddy.
I had to change Marae's diaper one morning and I told Boonie to babysit. When I came back I found this. He was so proud to babysit.
I love her face in the picture below. Something went terribly wrong between the first picture and the second.
Her first grocery shopping trip with her mommy. The grocery store I go to has a play place that you can check kids 2 and older into. It's a life saver and I enjoy my one on one time with my sweet heart.
Yet another Sunday. She just looks so cute all dolled up I have to take pictures. But this particular day I just thought she looked so soft and sweet in her carrier that I had to remember her that way.
I still haven't caught that gorgeous smile on camera yet... but I've come close...
Here she was in costume for the movie Boonie wanted to make one morning. Her eye brows had us laughing all morning.
Babies just grow entirely too fast. Can't I keep you little forever darling girl?