Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving today and I'm spending the day with my sweet baby girl all to myself.  Mason took the kids down to Alpine yesterday where they will spend a couple of days with Nanna and Poppa.  Today they drove out to Woodland for the large family Thanksgiving.  It's been a different Thanksgiving this year and I do miss my family.  But I am soaking up these newborn snuggles and Adelyn is figuring out this crazy world.

I'm so thankful for my life.  I'm so thankful for my beautiful sweet family.  They are so crazy at times but I wouldn't trade all the noise and insanity because I love who they are.  They are healthy, spirited, adventurous, strong willed, happy, busy, noisy, hilarious little bodies.  I'm excited for life to get back to normal... although who knows what normal really means at this point.  We all will adjust to this new member of our family and I will actually be able to get down and play with my kids again.  Plus my kids won't have a tired and EXTREMELY uncomfortable mommy who will hug them again.  Yesterday Boonie and I were snuggling on the bed and he leaned over to hug me (basically kind of flop on me) and he said, "Oh sorry" because in the past I've warned him to watch out for the baby in my tummy.  He said, "I don't have to watch out for your belly anymore!!" and he gave me a bunch of snuggles and hugs.  Thank you Boone and Marae for being to patient over these past couple months.

I'm thankful for a good husband whose desire is to make me happy.  I know that he would do any thing that I asked...  If I ask him to jump he may not immediately ask "How high?"  He may argue with me over the best way to jump or if shoes he is wearing are the best for the landing or the location of the jump but in the end I know that he always wants me to be happy and I am so blessed to have that.  Our lives keep getting better with each other and the adventures keep coming.  We have trials that we overcome together and Heavenly Father has blessed us so much.

I'm so thankful for my mom and the amount of time that she has put into our lives these past 3 weeks.  And she isn't even done yet.  She's staying all next week to help too.  She arrived November 5th and will leave the morning of December 8th.  Can you imagine putting your life on hold for that long?? She's been cleaning nonstop, cooking meals, and most importantly playing with my children and loving them.  It's been a taxing time on us all playing the waiting game waiting for the arrival of baby Adelyn. But she hasn't complained once and even though I feel so bad using her so much I've really needed her and enjoyed her being here.  We've got to spend a lot of time together and I've missed that.

It's a good Thanksgiving day.  I have a friend in the ward who made me a Thanksgiving brunch this morning and will be bringing over dinner around 5.  I'm thankful for my life.  I'm thankful for my blessings.  I'm thankful that the Lord loves me and blesses me each and every day despite my short comings.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: