Weight: 26 lbs Percentile: 45th
Height: 35 inches Percentile: 80th
Sweet baby Rae is two years old. She is absolutely adorable and pretty much the most beautiful child I've ever seen. She has gorgeous curly locks of hair. It's hard to believe how fast they grow. Sometime I wish time would slow down... other times - like being 9 months pregnant - I don't. I just try and soak these days up because I know they go WAY too fast.
Fun Things About Marae:
- She talks really well. I enjoy trying to figure out what it is she is trying to tell me. Our favorite word of hers is 'back-o-deek.' It took us the longest time to figure out what she was talking about and one day we discovered that this was her word for motorcycle. I guess motorcycle was just too hard but she knew it had a lot of syllables so she made up her own.
- She just started in her new toddler bed last night (it's October 8th - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASON as I'm writing this) and she went to bed without a peep. It's naptime right now and I haven't heard anything. Can it really be true!? We put a bunch of princess wall stickers up around her bed to make it more cozy. I think she likes it!! Update: I just went in there to check on her and she was asleep on the top bunk with every stuffed animal up there and an entire package of baby wipes unloaded but she actually went down without a peep. I think she likes her new world.
- She plays really well by herself. This catches my attention because Boonie never has (and probably never will) played by himself. I love catching her reading books or playing with a toy somewhere.
- She love to sing. Especially "Let It Go" from Frozen or "Ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh!!" from The Little Mermaid. She loves to sing at the top of her lungs too. The other day when she was still in the crib and Mason put her in time out she wasn't sad at all... She just started jumping up and down singing, "Let it gooo!!" Silly little Rae.
- She is very opinionated and I don't think she wants to be 'the baby' anymore. She insisted on moving out of her high chair. She will only use regular silverware. She chooses the cups which aren't baby cups... pretty much anything baby she boycotts against.
- She has forgotten how to run which is pretty entertaining. Now she gallops everywhere she goes.
- She still likes to snuggle sometimes. She give random hugs and kisses when she's in a good mood. She'll hit you in the face just to apologize. When she's in the right mood she is just the sweetest thing.
- She loves bath time and asks to take a bath every day.
- She's a wanderer. She likes to just explore outside and check out the world. She loves dandelions and bugs. Her favorite outside toy is the big tonka tractor. She loves to fill it up with tomatoes from the garden or rocks or bugs and drive it as fast as she can.
- She loves the Disney princesses. She knows most of them by name. The other day during sacrament meeting a woman was giving a talk. She was introducing herself and her husband. She said, "I'm Jenny and this is my husband Ariel." Marae jumped up from what she was doing and started singing "Ahhhh ahhhh ahhhhhh!!!" My child listens during sacrament. We were laughing so hard we may have had to leave the room.
- She needs her mommy and I love it. Whenever she's hurt she needs me. If she sees me leave the house it's more than she can handle. She's my little dolly.
- She likes to have her toes painted. She likes to pick out the color. If she sees they are starting to scratch off she'll ask to have them painted a new color.
- Deedee (her blankie) is still a major part of her life.
'Thankfully (hopefully) It's A Phase' Fun Things About Marae:
- She talks in what her nursery leader calls The Exercist voice. It's like a growly bob cat, grimlin voice and it's mostly gibberish. Mason at first encouraged it because it was hilarious. She'd usually only do it to Boonie. But now she does it to any child 4 and under when she's annoyed at them... Oh and watch out because sometimes it's followed by a bite if not respected.
- She certainly has her fathers accident prone genes. She is ALWAYS falling down and bonking her head. She split her head open two weeks ago (end of Sept) and had to get two stitches. I think it has to do with the fact that she never slows down. It's full speed ahead at all times!!
- Her tables manners resemble that of the Beast in beauty and the beast. Although I don't think the beast was going out of his way to make a mess... Meal time is not her best time and she usually only lasts about 5 minutes so good luck.
- If you say "Don't" she'll just do it faster and harder until you come and take it away.
- She thinks the bathroom is an open at all times water park. We have to keep the door shut and anytime she finds it open she'll quickly let us know with the party taking place inside.
- Did I mention biting? Luckily that has slowed down and Boonie was the only victim until this past Sunday when her nursery leaders brought her to us.
- Anyone shorter than her (or even the same size) is weaker than her - or so she thinks - and she's not shy to exercise her power over them. She pretty much rules the roost where ever she goes... including at home.
Even though she is going through the Terrible 2's with a capital T... I still adore this little fireball of a lady. She's hilarious and keeps us entertained. She is a sweet little thing and I'm so thankful she's mine. She loves her family and she is certainly loved back. I'm excited for her to be a big sister. You are my girl, Rae.
Who is your favorite person in the whole wide world? Boone, Daddy, Ella Kelstrom
What is your favorite color? Yellow
What is your favorite television show? Curious George
What is your favorite movie? Frozen
What is your favorite outfit? Boots – anything she can wear with boots (even if she can’t wear with boots. She is obsessed.)
What sport do you like best? Singing
What song do you love? Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Let It Go
What's your favorite cereal? None that I can think of… she likes eggs.
Who is your best friend? Boone, Nora Tolsen
What do you want to be when you grow up? Elsa
What is your favorite book? Spot the Dog
What are you really good at? Dancing and Singing
Where do you wish you could go on vacation? To the Bathtub
What is your favorite food? Noodles, rice, and POPCORN!!!
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Any and all
What do you like to do best with your friends? Run and squeal, jump on the tampoline
What is your favorite toy? The mini mouse dress up doll or Mr. Potato head