Monday, September 22, 2014

Boone - 4 Years Old


Weight:  36.2 lbs   Percentile: 70th
Height:  41 3/4 inches   Percentile: 80th



What!?  My handsome little boy is 4!?  Stop it!  Stop it right now!!  Stay this age forever.  I think I've decided, at least for Boonie, that 4 years old is the best.  He is the best little boy.  He always wants to help and he tries to please you in any way possible.  I adore him.  He's my little buddy - always has been.


Fun Things About Boonie:

  • He's smart.  He's so smart.  This kid makes connections about things that just amaze us.  He is constantly wanting to learn and it's so fun watching him do so.  He just started preschool yesterday (October 7th).  Oh my goodness time is going to fast.  I keep thinking that his life lived over again and he will be getting baptized!!  His sunbeam teachers always tell us how he knows the answers to all the questions they ask.  That makes us pretty proud.
  • He loves to help.  His favorite thing to do is help his daddy do projects.  This little kid will work right along side Mason for as long as Mason is working.  He loves it and he's actually quite helpful.  He has some chores that he does now, unloading dishwasher, putting clothes away, etc and he loves to help out as long as he's with someone.  He takes pride in what he does - especially in cleaning his room.  He always shows us with a presenting hand - ta-dah!
  • He's so patient with Marae and he adores her.  When she randomly gives him hugs it's like he's won the lottery.  He watches over her when she's outside and is very prompt to tell me when she's doing something naughty.  He's so prompt that sometimes I have to remind him that he's not her mommy... but he's just trying to help.  Marae has learned the word naughty and she will now tattle on Boone when he's being naughty.  She'll say, "Boonie naughty!!"  It's pretty cute.
  • He give compliments.  He'll tell me that he likes my hair.  Or he'll tell me I did a good job on something.  It's pretty cute.  He still tells me that he's going to marry me someday and it melts my heart.  He's going to be a catch - of course I think that... I'm his mother.
  • He's still pretty wild but that's okay.  He just likes to play and play hard.  I just wish he were a little more gentle with Marae sometimes.  He's certainly excited to be a big brother again.
  • He's got a goofy sense of humor.  I also love the things he comes up with.  Recently he's started asking me questions and instead of answering them I'll have him answer them.  Here are two examples.  Boone: "Do you know where bananas come from?"  Me: "Where?  Boone: "They come from cows."  Me: "I thought milk came from cows."  Boone: "It does.  Milk comes from the black and white cows and bananas come from the brown cows."  Now you know everyone.  This other one may be a little inappropriate but I thought it was hilarious.  This was during a stinky Marae diaper change.  Boone: "Do you know why they call it diarrhea?"  Me: "Why?"  Boone: "Because you'll die if you smell it."



      
Birthday Interview:
Who is your favorite person in the whole wide world?  His mommy
      What is your favorite color?  Green
      What is your favorite television show?  Paw Patrol and Rescue Bots
      What is your favorite movie?  Cars
      What is your favorite outfit?  Lightning McQueen Shirt
      What sport do you like best?  Baseball
      What song do you love?  I Am A Child of God
      What's your favorite cereal?  Marshmellow Matey’s
      Who is your best friend?  Frankie Townsley, Collin Kelstrom, Theron Peterson, Marae
      What do you want to be when you grow up?  A Fireman or Garbage Man
      What is your favorite book?  Halloween Books
      What are you really good at?  Reading Books
      Where do you wish you could go on vacation?  The Jump Zone
      What is your best memory?
      What would you buy if you had $1000? A Monster Truck
      What is your favorite food? Chocolate Milk
      If you could have one wish, what would it be? A candy cane
      What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate
      Who is your biggest hero? A Skeleton
      What do you like to do best with your friends?  Play with them and run
      
What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? Watch tv

What is your favorite toy?  My Rescue Bot Robots


No comments: