Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baby Numero Tres!

We found out March 18th that we were expecting baby number 3!!  Hooray!!  That makes this little one due November 23rd.  Perfect timing.  That's exactly as I had hoped.  Here is a picture of my darling little nugget at 8 weeks.


I had some heavy bleeding around 12 weeks and was worried I was going to lose the baby but it turned out to just be a blood clot and once it passed all was well.  When I was down in Arizona I was saying my prayers and I said without thinking, "Please bless this baby that he will grow healthy and strong and complete without any problems."  As I was finishing that sentence I had this wave/confirming thought that my little one inside was going to be a boy.  My mother's intuition with the other two kids has been right on.  I KNEW Boonie was a boy and that Marae was a girl.  So I came home telling Mason that we were having a little boy.  Deep down I wanted a girl so that I could see Marae have a close sister relationship like the one I've always dreamed of, but I've always seen myself as a mother of a lot of boys.  It's all I've ever known.

June 26th we got to find out the gender of our baby.  Everyone cast their vote.  Everyone in my family thought it was a boy.  Boonie thought it was a boy.  Mason thought it was a girl (later he told me only to be different from me).  A couple weeks before we were to find out I started to change my mind (which isn't allowed at this point being I had said I was 100% sure it was a boy).  I thought that it actually might be a girl because I was sicker with Marae and I felt the same way this time around.  I just didn't remember that at the beginning.  Well low and behold...  

IT'S A GIRL!!!!  When we were in with the ultrasound technician she asked us what we thought it was and we told her.  Then she said, "Well, looks like Daddy is right... it's a girl!"  I immediately started to cry and told her, "That's what I wanted!!!"  I was so happy and honestly in shock.  I couldn't believe it. I am so extremely excited.  Marae is so much fun and another little girl to bounce around will just be completely foreign and delightful.  We already love this little girl so much.  The names we are tossing around right now are: Celeste, Pieper, Sadie, and Jade.  Who knows what we will actually end up with... remember that Marae didn't have a name for the first two days of her life.

We came home and told Boonie what we were having by filling two black balloons with pink pieces of paper.  He had a pop the balloon and see what color paper came out in order to know.  He was a little stunned when it popped but once he realized it he yelled, "It's a guuurl!!"  He's very excited and will be a great big brother once again.  He has become more of a novelty as he may be the only boy!!  Who knows!!

Here is my darling little Miss covering her face for her first photo shoot at 18 weeks old:


Oh I love these chicken legs already!


When we showed Boonie this picture below he was a little taken aback... His darling baby sister looks like that!?  Monster!


We can't wait to meet you little one!!

No comments: