Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween

Halloween morning my old roommate Emily Townsley (Turner) came up from Ogden with her two little boys.  Frankie and Boonie are the same age minus a month (actually today is his birthday!).  They had lots of fun trick or treating downtown. It was a busy morning with lots of little ones to keep track of but it's so nice to be close to a best friend again.  It makes even the insane hard moments of motherhood easy.  After trick or treating downtown through the shops we went to Cafe Sabor where we got free lunches for the kids because they were in costume.  Emily dressed up as Tinkerbell and Frankie and JJ were Peter Pan and Captain Hook.  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of them!!  It was a great way to start off the day!!



Quite the crew right here!!  When we went to lunch there was one moment where all our kids were going crazy and we just sat back and laughed and said, "If only we could have had a glimpse of this when we were in college.  We would have loved it!"

Frankie - 2, Boone -3, Marae - 1, JJ - 4 Months

I got some great pictures of Daniel Boone that I just love.  He posed so well!!  Of course he was being bribed with a piece of candy but I love each of his expressions in these.


This one is my favorite.  He is so stinking cute!!



Marae was just as adorable in her butterfly costume, but she wasn't as willing to pose for me.  So we got some action shots in her costume.





I don't even want to think about how much candy Marae ate that night.  I don't know how she kept getting it either.  Every time we'd turn around she'd have a new piece or a sucker or something.  I know she ate pieces of wrapper and cardboard too.  Crazy little girl with a sweet tooth.



This is how we traveled around that night.  It was cold but not too cold.  Surprisingly there weren't a ton of kids on the streets.  I honestly thought the streets were going to be packed.  But the kids didn't mind and they got plenty of candy!!


Here are some of Boone's Halloween crafts that we made throughout the month.  He's been so much fun with this holiday this year.






And last but not least here is the disaster raccoon costume that I had attempted to make.  I wasn't going to actually use the white tutu but I had it on as an experiment.  Now you know...


Happy Halloween!!

1 comment:

Kara Miller said...

I wish I was by you! Our kids would have so much fun together. Not to mention us :) I am dying laughing at that raccoon costume!! It reminds me of the time I tried to make Matt a Peter Pan costume...