Wait... what!? My darling little dolly has turned 1 year old!? Sometimes it feels like she's still that newborn baby that I just brought home and other times it feels like she's been with us forever. What a year it's been!!
Marae 1 Year Stats:
Weight: 19 lbs 8 oz - 25th Percentile
Length: 29 3/4 inches - 75th Percentile
Head Circumference: 17 1/2 inches - 40th Percentile
I just love that picture of her above. It fits her to a T. Her blankie is her cryptonite/can of spinach. It will make her go weak in the knees and instantly cause her to insert her little fingers into her mouth and snuggle, yet it will also giver her the strength to endure any tough situation. She adores that thing and has to have it any time she sees it. Sounds familiar. :)
Things Marae does at 1:
- Since turning 1 she has turned into Miss Sassy Pants. She
thinksknows that she rules the roost. She has figured out that all she has to do is scream or cry and we'll come running. That is changing though which has been frustrating her so she cries quite often. I know it's a fake cry when it starts off as a cry and she either forgets she's crying or gets bored with her cry and ends it with a Pee-Wee Herman type sound.
- She is hilarious. When she laughs hard she sounds like Pee-Wee Herman and it cracks us up. Her smile is beyond adorable.
- She still adores her brother. She wants to be playing with whatever he is playing with and follows him around much to his delight. Their favorite game is to push all the cushions off the couch and jump on it (that way she can climb up) and look out the window. They also love to go behind the couch under a table and look out the huge bay window at the cars. It's their fort. They spend a lot of time back there.
- Her favorite toy is still her Winnie the Pooh animal.
- Noodles are her favorite food.
- She likes to pull the bow out of her hair whenever she remembers it's there.
- She is naughty and she knows it. She'll do exactly what she's not suppose to do just to get the reaction out of you. She'll chew on shoes (and then hand them to you when you catch her), pull bottles out of cupboards (and then hand them to you when you catch her), open the fireplace, pull books off the shelf (and then hand them to you when you catch her), and this all seems to delight her. Her little mischievous personality makes us laugh.
- She is a climber. We were at my parents for a week and while we were there we caught her on top of the kiddie table twice, on top of a box banging on the china cabinet once, and up the stair numerous times. I love my little wild child.
- She's a snuggler - thank goodness. Just give her that blankie and you are guarenteed a good snuggle.
- Says Mama and Uh-Oh. She says Uh-Oh with her mouth closed and just the sound. She also tattles on herself before she does something naughty. If she sees a shoe she'll say, "Uh-oh" and then proceed to put it in her mouth. So if we see her crawling away saying "uh-oh" we know she's got something naughty in mind.
- She falls asleep in the strangest positions. Most of the time she falls asleep looking like she is praying. It's so cute. She is still the lightest sleeper ever!!
- She's kind of a picky eater. She won't eat baby food anymore so getting her to eat balanced meals is a trick. Hopefully she'll outgrow that soon.
Here is the kids fort behind the couch. They get pretty wild back there sometimes. Marae also prefers to go back here to have a bowel movement... I'm sure you wanted to know that.
I had wanted an over the top adorable outfit for Marae's birthday... but this had to do. She got her little bracelet for her birthday. I adore this little angel.