Thursday, June 20, 2013

Disneyland - The Most Magical Place on Earth

We were so excited to take Boonie to Disneyland and spend some quality time with him.  It had felt like quite a while since we had focused completely on him and his happiness.  He needed it, we needed it, and it was exactly what I had hoped it would be and more.  I love Disneyland.  This trip with Boonie goes down in my heart as one of those special times that I will never forget - like the time we went to the children's museum before Marae was born.  It's a moment frozen in time with my little boy that I will cherish forever and (sappy ol' me) get emotional every time I think about it.  I think it also has to do with the fact of leaving Arizona.  That chapter closed and Disneyland was like the closing of that door even though we weren't in Arizona because we came home the next day and moved.

Boonie had so. much. fun.  It was priceless watching watching him see characters and riding rides from movies he had seen and getting so excited about it all.  It really was magical.  Going to Disneyland with a child is a totally different experience.

Monday evening we went to DownTown Disney.  Boonie loved playing outside the Lego building.


We arrived early Tuesday morning and Boonie was terrified of Goofy.  But once he saw me give him five he warmed up to the idea of at least smiling for a picture.  We spiked his hair in hopes that he would be able to go on the taller rides, but he was still to little.  Looking back now, I'm glad he wasn't able to go on the more popular, bigger kids rides because we didn't have to wait in line for hours on end like everyone else.



He loved Autopia - of course!  Finally getting to drive a car!!





His favorite ride was the tractor ride in the new Cars Land.  Cars Land was amazing by the way.  That was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.


On his favorite ride!
Here he is waiting for the parade to come by.  This was another one of his favorite parts.  He loved seeing the Toy Story characters and the Monsters walking down the street.  You can see the magic in his eyes.



He was a little unsure after that Monster walked by.  :)
Here comes Buzz!!


We stayed from open until close 8 am until 11:30.  Boonie did take a little nap in the stroller in the afternoon but he did fabulous and soaked up every minute!!  He was so sweet the whole time.  These two pictures below are pictures Mason took sometime and I just love how sleepy his eyes look.



One of my favorite parts of the night was when dumbo flew over the castle during the fireworks show. It was so magical and beautiful.  They played the song, "Baby of Mine" and I'm sure every single mother in the place was crying.  My mom gave us money to buy him a stuffed animal to remember his first trip and he chose a dumbo elephant and I thought it was perfect.  I'm so thankful that Mason's brother gave us the tickets to go.  There was no way we could have afforded to have gone otherwise.  It was so special and I loved my time with my little boy.  I can't wait to take Marae there when she is obsessed with princesses.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yay! Love fellow Disney lovers! :)