Monday, May 20, 2013

Grandma Widman

I thought I'd take a break from packing to do some catch up blogging.  I mean, it's kinda like packing.  It needs to get done before we move so that I don't get majorly behind with all the fun vacations and moves coming up this next two weeks.  My mom has Boonie for the next couple days so I've been getting a ton done and it feels great - although I will admit that I do miss my little 'helper'.

First off... I've got some catching up to do about my Grandma.  Grandma just celebrated her 87th birthday on April 6th.  A couple days before though she got to meet her Great Grandbaby Kellen.



For her birthday a bunch of us took her out to Red Lobster.  Her favorite.  She hadn't been out in a long time and I think she enjoyed herself!


Stacey, Grandma, Claudia Scott, Mike Scott, Mom, Dora Scott, Carol Etter, Marae




About two weeks after her birthday she got really sick.  She was hospitalized and we almost thought we were going to lose her.  She has Parkinson's disease and it's been giving her a hard time.  These pictures below were when she was so sick that we honestly didn't know if she were going to make it through the night.  We came to say our goodbyes and show her some love.  Surprisingly she is doing much better now though.  



I love this picture.  My mom and I sat with her for 3 hours one Sunday afternoon and just talked with her while she was in and out of it.  It was a special time for my mom and I.

4 hands, all about 30 years apart.

We love you Grandma and just want you to be at peace and content with your life.  I'm thankful that she is feeling better now and not suffering.

No comments: