Monday, March 18, 2013

Marae 6 Months


Half a year already!!!!
6 Month Old Stats:
Weight: 15.3 lbs - 25 - 50 Percentile
Length:  26 inches - just above the 50th Percentile
Head:  43 1/2 cm - 75th Percentile

I took this picture at the top at the beginning of the month.  Then I took this picture below about two weeks later...



Holy chunky baby!!  I can't believe how chunky she has gotten in just two weeks!!  I sure do love to squish on those cheeks.  Marae's little personality has been coming out more and more over the past couple weeks.  As soon as she hit 6 months she just took off with so many new milestones.

Things Marae does now at 6 1/2 months:
  • She doesn't sleep with a binkie or a burrito anymore.  She also sleeps from 8:30 to 5:30.  She figured it out after only one (ruthless) night of sleep training.  Now she's a fabulous sleep at night.  
  • Loves her brother SO MUCH.  Only Boone can get the rolling laughs out of her.
  • Eats lots of food.  Her favorite is baby oatmeal.  I call her my anorexic baby because she is so distracted while nursing.  It's basically impossible if there is anyone else in the room... or a ceiling fan.  She has to constantly see what's going on.
  • She sits on her own now.
  • She has forgotten how to roll over.
  • Loves to chew on anything and everything she can get her hands on.  She's actually become quite good with her hands.
  • Her hair is thinning out and starting to look like an old lady on chemo.
  • Has her daddy completely wrapped around her itty bitty finger.
  • Loves her daddy's glasses.
  • Just two days ago she figured out how to say Da-da-da-da-da-da-da.  He claims it's her first word.
  • I can't get enough of her.  Seriously.  I try to soak in every snuggle, hug, kiss, and smell because she is growing entirely too fast.
  • She is still my sweet snuggler.  We call her the attachment because she is carried around on my hip for a good part of the day just checking things out.


Love that gummy grin.
While Mason was home on Spring Break this week we did Marae's 6 month pictures.  I think they just came out adorable.  I love you little lady! 







And... here are the random iphone pictures of Marae:

This is her scream mask (you know - the ghost movie) face.  She does it when she gets really excited and stiff. 




Last night in a burrito!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't believe she is 6 months already!

Jennifer said...

SO SWEET! Love reading your notes and seeing what's ahead for us :)