Friday, December 14, 2012

Meeting Great Grandpa

Two weeks ago on the 1st we all drove out to Kearny to celebrate my Grandpa's 96th birthday.  96 years old!!  Can you believe it?  I was so happy that Marae got to meet him.  We hadn't seen him in like 18 months or so.  He's still going strong!  We've got some healthy genes there on the Leybas side!

It was an interesting trip... Marae screamed more than half of the 2 hour drive there and I guess Darci was throwing up in the other car and then proceeded to barf all over Kyle at the restaurant later.  Traveling with children is so delightful... but it gets to the point where it's just entertaining after a while.


Marae meeting her Great Grandpa for the first time.
We had a little birthday party for him in the park.  We had cake and ice cream.  Darci and Boone were a little hesitant at first.  I explained to Boone that this man was Grandpa's (my dad's) daddy and after I told him that he was willing to give him a hug.




Angels, as always.

Mason couldn't come because he was taking the GRE.  I was already in CG with my parents that weekend taking Nutcracker pictures so I just went with my parents.

Boone checking out Grandpa's bling.
Darci is not in touch with her hispanic side.

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

No comments: