Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 2: Boone Meets Marae

We enjoyed our mini vacation at the hospital with our sweet Marae.  My mom stayed at our house with Boonie.  We were lucky and ended up with a mini-suite so Mason had a full couch that pulled out into a bed.  He was happy about that and ended up staying each night with me.  We had kinda planned on him going back home for the nights being he was so uncomfortable with Boone.

We decided to wait until the next day to have visitors come and meet Marae.  We were so excited to see Boone's reaction to her.  Plus we missed him.



She got all dolled up to meet everyone and put on her first bow.  She also took plenty of naps.



Boonie wasn't sure how to act when he came in the room.  I wonder what he was thinking.  He got a little shy and started pawing us and meowing like a cat.  Haha.  We put him on the couch and he got to meet his little sister for the first time.  He was so gentle and sweet with her.  I loved having our family all together.






Our first family photo.


I think they like her too.

Darci came and met her new cousin too.  Funny story about Darci... the baby started crying at one point and Darci started saying, "Baby sad..." and she started crying too.  It was the sweetest thing!!  She will be a great big sister in December!!
All the current grandchildren.

We stayed for two days and then packed up to go home.  It's always bitter sweet leaving the hospital.  We were excited to get home and be comfortable, but there are so many sweet feelings and memories wrapped in that little corner room of the hospital.  I didn't get a picture of Boone's room although it's burned in my head, so I made sure to take one this time.

All packed up and ready to go home.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a beautiful family! I had to go back and check though...Boone's hair wasn't quite so dark, was it?

xantogal said...

Made me tear up!! How sweet. I bet Boone just loves his new baby sister :)