Sunday, August 26, 2012

Almost 38 Weeks Pregnant!

38 weeks feels like it should be 40 this time around.  Today at church I got too many comments saying, "Wow!!  You've really popped this week."  Or "Wow!!  You must be ready to go!"  I suppose I should probably stick to wearing only black.  Maybe it was the dress.  I'm thinking not because I feel the same way they all are saying it.  I often walk around singing, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas!!"  That's how I feel.  Anyway... I don't want to moan and complain throughout this whole post.

On an up note... the baby's room is 99% done!  All we need to do is refinish the light and it's done!!  That shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to do - but it's not likely to get done until Mason is taking a break with me and the baby from school because I just don't feel like doing it.  But as long as the suns up there is light in there and it's CUTE!!!!  Really, really cute.  I'll take pictures tomorrow (when the sun is up) and post them next!  Here I am in all my 37 1/2 week glory!!

37 Weeks
Boone is feeling the pregnancy pains too.
38 Week Stats:
  • Total Weight Gained: 35 pounds.  I'm pretty happy about this being last time I know I was well over 40 by this time and not caring one single bit.  I'm actually at the point where I don't care one single bit anymore.  But I've only got two weeks to go so how much damage can I really do there??
  • Baby Update:  19.75 inches long and 6.8 pounds.  The vegetable she resembles is the leek.  I honestly hope she's not bigger than this...  Boonie was 7.10 so I'm hoping my girl will be smaller.
  • Cravings:  This week I was craving bagels and yummy flavored cream cheese.  Oooo... so yummy.  I think I may go make another one right now.  Blueberry bagels with mixed berry cream cheese........  Also, last night I was craving sugar cookies - but only my homemade kind that is so extremely delicious and so extremely messy to make.  So we ended up making these that I saw on pinterest and I've basically eaten the whole pan.  Ok... but atleast half.  Drool.


  • Weird Pregnancy Symptoms:  This morning I had a dull ache kinda like cramps all morning and well into church.  I thought that perhaps it may be the beginning of labor - but I didn't remember labor feeling like that at all so I didn't have my hopes too far up.  Then tonight i had some really sharp stabbing pains at the bottom of my uterus.  But that eased up after a while too.  So now I feel nothing.  Boo.  I'm so ready for this little girl!  
  • Labor Update:  So when I went in at 36 weeks I was dilated to a 2 and the doctor was really surprised and said, "You won't make it to your due date.  It could be any day now."  That week I burst into tears because I wasn't sure if I was really, truly, honestly, sincerely ready to have another baby.  Plus I was a little scared.  This past week at 37 weeks I was dilated to 2 3/4.  I suppose that's possible.  I've just been saying a 3.  So atleast I progressed some.  But now if he said that I were going to have the baby tomorrow I'd be totally ready.  Sign me up!!  So here's the plan.  I've decided that I really want this little lady to make her appearance in August so that 1) she can have her own birthday month 2) so that I don't have to plan two birthday parties super close to each other and 3) it's a 3 day weekend so that's one day less Mason has to take off.  I can see the eye rolling now... but these are the things I think about!!! So my next doctor appt. is on Wednesday.  I'm going to have him strip my membranes and see if that gets anything going.  I had my membranes stripped with Boonie and it didn't do anything.  I've been reading up online about it and it says that if you woman is ready to go into labor it will help her to go into labor, and if she isn't then it won't do a thing - like me last time.  So we'll give it a go this week and if it doesn't work then we'll just ride it out to the end!!
That's about it!  My days are pretty useless and involve a ton of sitting.  Boonie is sick and tired of his boring ol' lazy mom.  But we survive the days.



 My heart has been aching a little bit lately for Boonie.  I love our days together.  I know he loves his mommy and I'm worried that he won't feel as loved being I'll be sharing my time with someone else.  Boonie, you are my world and I'll love you forever.  Thank you for being mine and thank you for the past two years we've had together.  This is just the beginning of another adventure.  You're going to be getting a new best friend.  I'll always love you no matter what.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing, I'll be thinking of you xoxox

MoNiCa! said...

You are so cute preggo!! And those cookies look amazing! Best of luck to you with your labor & delivery! Can't wait to see pics of baby girl!

Kimmy said...

You should post the recipe or site for those sugar cookie bars! Yum! And stripping the membrane worked for me, but I had it done twice! Second time they were very thorough, and I pretty much went into labor that night! And don't worry, you're heart can hold love for plenty of people, I'm sure Boone will still feel it!