Guess what!? I'm 35 1/2 weeks pregnant!! That means 4 1/2 more weeks to go! My actual due date is exactly one month from today - I CAN DO THIS!!! Do I feel 35 weeks pregnant? No, more like 243 weeks pregnant, but 4 weeks doesn't sound too bad (although ask me tomorrow morning as I'm chasing around LBL and perhaps I'll have a different story).
My mind has started thinking about my birth plan this time around. Last time was so crazy and didn't go at all how I had imagined or planned - but let's be honest - it was my first time and I had no idea what to expect or what I SHOULD expect so now I feel as though I can have a more educated plan. Last time I did the whole natural thing and it was amazing. It wasn't what I had planned even though I wanted to, but it turned out being that way. It was also a crazy long 36 hour birth that I do not plan on repeating along with 3 hours of pushing from a lunatic doctor who I promptly switched from afterwards. They say each labor is cut in half - I'll take 18 hours I suppose, but I'd much rather have a 3-4 hour labor like I hear these superwomen telling me about.
My ideal birth situation:
I’d quietly go into labor on my own a week before my due date, at which point my husband (who of course, would have been reading every natural birthing book imaginable) would calmly drive me, while gently coaching me with the skill of an Olympic trainer through my contractions, to a birthing center connected to a hospital (so I’m a gurney ride away from an ER or NICU incase of some disaster) where I’d meet up with a birthing team of a doula, midwife, and hypnobirthing specialist. The birthing team would have prepared a room with soothing music, dim lighting, and of course a warm birthing tub, where I would then proceed to have one of those enlightened euphoric births.
What is probably going to happen?
I'll go into labor on my own (because I'm all about my babies choosing their own birthdates - this being said without watching my due date come and go). I'd like to stay at home as long as possible - perhaps until my water breaks. We drive to the hospital where I get a little bit of an epidural - just enough to take the edge off so I can actually enjoy this birth. Wah-lah! We have a baby after 3 pushes like everyone tells me is normal - NOT 3 HOURS. So there you have it - come on baby girl... let's do this!!!
We've been preparing and I think it's safe to say we are officially ready minus the name. That will come with time - hopefully. Boonie has been wondering what we've been doing with all this new stuff that's arriving. He even tested out her car seat to make sure it was safe.
I often wonder how Boonie will react to a new little sister. He' so use to being the only child. He loves babies so hopefully he will love his own. He just doesn't love sharing his mommy's time. I'm a little nervous, but I guess we'll see.
35 week stats:
- Total weight gained: 30 lbs.
- Baby Update: Babycenter says she's 18 inches long and 5 1/4 lbs (the size of a honeydew melon)—but I’m thinking wondering if she's running on the bigger size being I feel so huge and am getting stretch marks that I didn't get before.
- Cravings: My appetite has slowed down a bit. Sometimes I don't even have an appetite at all and have to force myself to eat being I just feel so gross.
- Weird Pregnancy Symptoms: My bellybutton is herniated which means there is something trying to come out my belly button whether that be my stomach or just some old fat glob lying around. The doctor doesn't think it's anything to worry about (or didn't atleast two weeks ago) but boy does it hurt!! Plus that's where the stretch marks are - just right around my belly button even though they are tiny and white. I can't believe how comfortable i am sharing about my stretch marks, but you are all my close friends, so there you have it.
- Crazy Pregnant Lady: Yes that's me right about now. I feel like a bad mom sometimes because I am just so exhausted and don't want to do anything but moan around the house. Boonie doesn't like me sitting in a chair alone so always squeezes in beside me but quickly gets bored and insists we do something else. I honestly am hoping he puts me in to labor early. I'm much more active this time around because of him.
- Tomorrow is my first doctors appt where they will check to see if I'm progressing towards labor. I'm hoping yes, but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time. :)