Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mess!!


Boonie is 20 (almost 21) months old now and just hilarious.  This kid has so much energy.  It's so fun having a kid because that means you get to be a kid yourself.  Here are some things Boone is up to at 20 months:

  • He's started talking and I just love the words he says.  He says something new every day and we love the way it sounds.  Today he said bed as we were putting together his big boy bed.  He's not in it yet, but we got the mattress today.  Some of my favorite things he says is: mess (he says this if you drop something and make a mess, or if the living room isn't cleaned up, or if he makes a mess, it's funny), daddy (as opposed to dada), ankchoo (thank you - he says this more and more and it makes me so happy he's so polite), amen, nana (banana), juice, blue bear, bye bye? (asking if we can go somewhere), treat? (for after he goes potty), helP, stuck, ease (please), no nap (this said with a head shake), yes (this pronounced as @**), Daisy (our friends ferret), BUS!! and Jesus.  That last one still melts my heart.  He says Jesus at the most random times.  Two days ago he saw Jesus at the swimming pool.  And just yesterday he saw Jesus in our back seat.  It makes me wonder what makes him think of him?  He recognizes him in pictures... but why the backseat?
  • He loves to WRESTLE!!  He and his daddy do this quite often.  Boonie is loving having Mason home this summer.  They are getting quality bonding time in.
  • He loves to go places.
  • His favorite show is Curious George and he asks to watch it by making a monkey sound.
  • He still loves to snuggle with me when he is drinking him milk.
  • Whenever he wakes up from a nap or in the morning I ask him the same questions and he always answers the same:  Did you have a good night?  A**  Did you have good dreams?  A**  Did you dream about blue bear?  A**  I love being his mommy.
  • He gets wild EASILY and waits for any chance to squeal or run around as fast as he can.  
  • He still gives kisses randomly and will run over and hug me randomly too.
  • We had a dance party the other night and he LOVED dancing.  Every time I'd sit down because I'm so large and get tired he'd come over to me and say, UP!  UP!!  until I started dancing again.
  • He knows there is a baby in my stomach and points to it and says, "Baby" in a high pitched voice.  Today he gave the baby a kiss.
  • He loves to swim and is so brave in the water.
  • He's gotten SO BIG.  I can't believe how tall he is.  He is a full out little boy now and I love it and hate it all at the same time.
  • Thankfully those golden curls are still in full force.
  • He's going to be a fabulous big brother!!

Boone and Darci at Peter Piper Pizza a couple weeks ago.


1 comment:

Lissa said...

Hahahaha! Love that he says @$$ instead of yes! lol And Daisy?? He's only seen her the 1 time - right? Maybe it's Paisley he's saying. She used to call herself Daisy....