Tuesday, March 6, 2012

12 Weeks!

This is the last ultrasound I got on February 28 when my little peanut was 11 weeks old. I just love this picture because she is waving at the world!! Yes, I'm calling 'it' a she. Of course I'll be okay with a little buddy for Boone if it's a boy, but - I'm calling it a she. Boone was the only one with me at this appt. and when he heard the heartbeat he let out a big, "WHOA!" The doctor laughed.

Below is my 12 week shot (I look a little hammered because this is right after 3 hours of wrestling Boonie at church). It's surprising how much I am showing already!!! Last time I didn't start showing until 20 weeks! I've heard that you show earlier with each one. But at this rate on baby #4 I'll start showing the day of conception!

These ultrasounds were from Jan. 31st (my birthday) when we got to see our little nugget for the first time. She is 7 weeks and 5 days here.


Pregnancy Stats:

  • Total weight gained: 5 lbs. My baby is just over 2 inches long and about the size of a lime. I had a hard time measuring my weight gain at first because I think I gained 5 pounds at Christmas time with all the goodies. So technically I've gained 10 pounds since the end of November, but 5 of those go to Christmas treats and the other 5 go to baby. :) My appetite is hit and miss... somedays I don't want to eat anything, other days I am a bottomless pit. I have been a lot more nauseas with this one, but still am a proud record holder of not throwing up with either pregnancy.
  • Cravings: Nachos!! You know, the gross kind from Circle K. Yum.
  • Aversions: Diaper changing. Ugh–worst curse of an expecting mother with small children. Also, cooking has been pretty rough. Half the time while I am cooking it will gross me out so much that I won't end up eating what I've just spent an hour making. Then when Mason gets home he'll make me a grill cheese sandwich while I sit on the couch turning green.
  • Weird Pregnancy Symptoms: My lower stomach will ache sometimes. I think it has to do with bending over and picking things (Boone) up so much. I've been trying to stop doing that so much, but honestly, it's impossible.
  • Emotions: Over all pretty good, not too much of a cry-baby or a raging lunatic anymore, but I guess you’d have to talk to my husband about that one.
  • New Habit: Couponing! Seriously. I’m into it. It's a nerdy hobby. Also, I've become an extreme day-dreamer coming up with all kinds of plans that I want to get done before the baby get here!
  • Urgency: As I mentioned above... my nesting instinct is taking over the whole house. I think it's because we are probably going to be in this house for atleast another 3 years and being that's the case I want to make it ours. I want to paint the living room, kitchen, family room, baby room, and the guest bathroom. Not to mention the fact that I totally want to redo the whole guest bathroom. Oh yes, and the carpets need to be clean, the two pieces of furniture in the garage need to be refinished, and I want to go through everything in the house and get rid of it all. But the biggest piece of urgency right now is getting back my energy so I can do ANY of the things listed above.

4 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

You're just as cute pregnant as last time! I love it!! Boone is going to be a great big brother to HER (I'm on board with you) when SHE comes!! :)

Clement Family said...

You look amazing! SOunds like a little girl to me. I am also a proud hold of the "no vomiting during pregnancy" title... go you!!

Nicole said...

That lower abdominal pain is your round ligament. Totally normal. :)

Lissa said...

Any time you want help painting, I'm willing and free! I LOVE painting! I only threw up pregnant with Jade. 1 out of 4 is pretty good, I think! lol