Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day started off in Casa Grande with my parents where Boone and I had stayed the night before. We woke up to a BEAUTIFUL rainy day that stayed until about noon. Boone got to go outside with an umbrella and play in the rain. I just love calm, slow rainy days.


"This is how you use it, right!?"

When we got home that afternoon Mason had left me hersey kisses and flowers. He knows the way to my heart!


My Grandma made Boone a Valentine at her group home and I thought it was sweet.

It says, "Happy Valentine's Day...
My Darling Great Grandson!
From, Great Grandmother!
I love you Boonie

I had to laugh because the house keeper who cares for her is hispanic and so that would explain the double exclaimation marks around the sentences. Cute!

That night we made a delicious dinner of steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, asparagus, rolls and sparkling lemonade to celebrate instead of braving the crowds this year. It actually was kinda of nice to just stay in yet fancy it up a bit.

3 comments:

xantogal said...

Aawww how fun! I so wish I could be there visiting! I'm glad you had a good day :)

About us Everts... said...

aw! Sounds like such a fun day!

Nicole said...

I can't believe how big your boy is! Do you know what baby #2 is yet? Hope you are doing well.