Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years

For New Year's we went to Kyle and Stacey's for the Board Game Olympics! We each chose a country to represent. Kyle was Mexico, Stacey was Canada (I think), I was Thailand, and Mason was the US/France because he couldn't decide. As you can see below it was pretty intense. The awards for each game were 1st: Gold, 2nd: Silver, 3rd: Bronze, and 4th: Blue Ribbon. We each got to choose a game that was to be played and then after all the games were played we totaled the scores and the winners were revealed. Kyle won 1st. Stacey was 2nd. I won 3rd and Mason, alas, was in 4th.

It was fun! We played Settlers of Catan, A Race Car Game, Poker, and Egyptian Rat Screw. I won at Poker and it was my first time playing! Kyle couldn't read my Poker face when it came down to it.

At midnight we got the babies up and did sparklers. Poor little Boone was so out of it. Here is the zombie baby watching a sparkler.


After the sparkler went out he grabbed the hot stick. I wasn't quick enough to stop him. Luckily it was just a little burn. But that was the final straw for Boone's celebrating. He quickly went back to bed with out his sparkling apple cider and left Darci wondering what his problem was. Party pooper. Sorry Boonie, I guess we should have just let you sleep. I promise every New Year's won't be that awful.

2012 is going to be a great year! I can feel it! I was telling Mason that 2011 was a good year. It was good, but not great. 2010 was a great year because we moved to AZ, Mason started his Master's Program and got a job, and we had baby Boonie. Not much happened in 2011 (not that I am complaining AT ALL), but I feel like 2012 is going to be another great year in the Lefler history. Here's to another GREAT year!!

1 comment:

xantogal said...

You mean my visit last year didn't make 2011 great?? LOL.
today's word: stelyto.
How you might say 'stiletto' if you were using a Spanish accent. heehee