Thursday, January 19, 2012

Boone - 16 Months

My little boy is 16 months old!!! Wow!! I can't even put into words how much I love you little Boonie Lefler. You are the light in my life and I thank my Heavenly Father each and everyday for you. You've made me a better person and I can't imagine my life without you.

I've been meaning to get around to his 15 month old post for a month now... so these pictures are from a month ago - that's how behind I am. Here are some things he is doing now at 16 months:

  • Signs: more, folds his arms to pray, all done, down, please, milk, drink, baby signing time, hat, wash hands, thank you, and 'shoo fly'. He also points to the top of his hand whenever he doesn't know the sign to something. I think it makes him feel important, like he is communicating. It's cute.
  • He blows kisses and gives kisses, although not as freely as he use to.
  • He barks.
  • He says, "Dada, Jesus (this one he only whispers and it sounds more Gsis - basically all you can hear is the J and the sis whispered), ball, hot, buh (for milk - we don't know why), oosh (shoe backwards), hi, bye, and then he says bomba a lot but we don't know what it means.
  • Says "Uh-oh" all the time. Most of the time he tattling on himself. I will hear him in the other room saying, "Uh-oh" and go in there to find him unrolling toilet paper or something. Every time he says it I wonder what he's planning in his mind.
  • Another one of his favorite words is, "Whoa!" He actually uses it at the right times too. The funniest is when he is a backseat driver. If you make a sharp turn, sudden stop, hit a bump, or anything that jostles his carseat he lets out a big, "WHOA!" It's funny. It's really funny when we are in someone elses car and he says it. My dad was driving one day and Boonie gave him a whoa - My dad was more cautious after that. :)
  • He knows all the parts of his face and some body parts.
  • He is my little helper and likes to help me do things like unload the laundry, unload the dishwasher. He also helps pick up anything I drop. Sometimes he likes to make messes so he can help me clean up.
  • He LOVES his daddy. Whenever I go to the front door that daddy comes through when he gets home, Boonie just says, "Dada, dada, dada!!" over and over again. They are buddies and it's so sweet. They get into massive wrestling matches at night sometimes and Boonie just eats up the attention.
  • His forehead is usually decorated with pretty little bruises and bumps to match his adventurous personality. As you will notice in these pictures he has a scratch on his lip and a couple bruises on his head to prove my point.
  • He is a HOT fanatic. Anytime there is anything hot around (steam) or if he sees the oven door open he FREAKS out saying "Hot!! HOT!!! HHHOOT!!" Actually it sounds more like "Haaa." I'm actually glad because it makes him so cautious! His sign for hot (not the real sign) is holding his hand out like a stop sign.
  • He loves to read books and brings us books to read to him all day long. Isn't that every former teachers dream!?
  • At 15 months he weighed 23.5 pounds and was 32 inches tall.








4 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

Wow! I can't believe he's that old already. He is so handsome!

xantogal said...

Cutie boy!!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, I love the pic of him crying in all the leaves. Classic.

Stephanie Saunders said...

That pic of him crying in the leaves is the best!