Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful time up in Utah for Thanksgiving. Time went so fast and we did so many things. I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. Oh well.

We had Thanksgiving up in Woodland at Mason's grandma's house. There were 37 adults and a bunch of kids there. But I'll tell you what... that was the MOST DELICIOUS Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had! Oh yum... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. There were a bunch of Mason's family (but not all) and his cousin's the Brady's there.

Here's a look at the table:

Here is Aunt Jean and Uncle Mark (and little Dane). Aunt Jean, Aunt Jann, and Grandma Lefler did the cooking. My compliments to the chef!! I guess Mark is winking in this picture. Haha!

After dinner everyone had to write on a feather what they were thankful for and then we created these turkeys. Cute idea for center pieces.

We took some family pictures, but you'll have to wait on those. They are going on the Christmas card. Here's Boonie in his crash dummy monkey hat swinging on the swings. That little fat belly hanging out the bottom is full of turkey. He loved his Thanksgiving dinner!!

The next day on Friday we had another Thanksgiving dinner compliments of Laura. This one was with Mason's immediate family being a bunch of them were missing on Thursday. Have a mentioned that Thanksgiving dinner is my all time favorite meal?? I was in heaven. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of that.

Saturday I visited some friends (Klara - actually that was Friday) and Kim (Kristina you were missed!!) and wished I had more time to see more people. That night we went up to Salt Lake and went out to dinner with all of Mason's friends. It's been over a year since we've all gotten together. It was so fun to see all the new babies! After dinner we all went to the temple lights. I was so mad because we forgot the stroller. So poor little Boonie had to walk/sit on dad's shoulders the whole time. It was a chilly night!! But nothing a cup of hot chocolate couldn't fix. I love chilly weather!



The Furstenau's:



This picture below makes me laugh because of his tongue sticking out:


I'm so thankful that Mason's parents live in Utah because that means we'll always be able to go back and visit no matter where we go. I just love that place! Until next time!!

1 comment:

Marianne and Kory said...

Thanks for adding me to your blog! Now I can keep track of you! Boone is so cute. I can't believe how big he is getting!