Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Boone Meets Santa - Christmas Eve

Come Christmas Eve and we still hadn't seen Santa yet!! So we went down to the Casa Grande Mall (where the ghetto Santa resides - never again) so that we could get the proverbial year old Santa picture. I knew Boonie would cry. He is a pretty friendly kid, but he has never been a fan of characters with costumes and makeup. But we still had to go... it's tradition.

Here he goes, trusting him mama:

I love his sweet little face in this picture below... you can see he's thinking... "Umm... I'm not so sure about this."

The Santa picture Christmas 2011:


After sitting with Santa he got a candy cane. He had been given a candy cane about a week earlier at Walmart and I let him eat it while we shopped. I learned my lesson... There was pink stickiness all over him, the cart, and not to mention the stains on his shirt. But he loved it and ate the whole thing! Well I realized a bit too late that Santa had given him one and Boone was already attacking his prize. I tried to take it away just to get the wrapping off and he threw the biggest temper-tantrum yet to date. He was screaming bloody murder and flailing like a fish out of water. I eventually got the wrapper off and handed it back to him, but he was so mad he just threw it down and it shattered on the ground which only made him more mad that I wouldn't let him pick up the pieces. He then proceeded to bump his head (during the thrashing episode) on the camera causing more tears. Wow... temper tantrums huh? This is a new stage we are entering. Here he is trying to eat the candy cane before the wrapper comes off. Boonie, you are lucky that Santa still brought you that wagon... I thought for sure that was grounds for the naughty list.

On the way home from the traumatic Santa experience we stopped at a nearby field that had a bunch of sheep in it. How cute is this picture?




Christmas post to follow!!

I feel as though I should mention our 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas party that we had on the 22nd. Would you believe I didn't get ANY pictures!? It was a hit. I think we had somewhere around 22 people. Nathan Dettmar won the ugliest sweater contest this year and the coveted white elephant gift were sunglasses with a moustache attached. It was a bit crazy before hand (which is probably why I didn't get any pictures) because Boonie had gotten his shots that afternoon. Well he got the tetnus shot and when he went down for his afternoon nap and woke up, he was in so much pain and crying (like a cry I've never seen before) for about an hour before it started and well into the party. Needless to say, I forgot to make one of my items for the potluck, finish putting up decorations that had been taken down due to little hands, and we barely finished Mason's sweater in time. But it ended up being a great night and Boonie felt much better after the help of some medicine.

3 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

LOVE the Santa picture. Classic! You should see the Santa pic's they do at Thanksgiving Point. I should email their idea to you so you can do the same thing next year for your business. They actually have the baby's parent dress up as Santa to do the shoot with. You never see Santa's face so it doesn't matter. They are DARLING!!

Zach & Lindsey Boskovich said...

I am glad to hear that little Peter isn't the only one that throws tantrums before the age of 2. My goodness, they come pre-wired to push the limit. :) When Peter gets mad, he gets so mad that he doesn't know what to do with his anger. And I hear that this doesn't stop until the kid is about 4. ahhhh!!! But they are worth it. I laugh a lot of the times when he throws tantrums which makes him more mad and then eventually he stops because he isn't getting the reaction he wants. Kids are so fun even during the rough times. :)

Pink Cake Plate said...

We had a blast at the Ugly Sweater Party and I have begun the Quest for the ugliest sweater!! I am so winning next year!!!!LOL~