Monday, November 14, 2011

My 10 Year High School Reunion

*Just so you know... we are not really moving to Iowa. I was totally joking.*

Saturday night was my ten year high school reunion at Eva's in Casa Grande. It's so funny how nervous and worked up people get over their ten year reunion. I know people who were doing diets and having major makeovers the night before the event. Some people didn't end up going because they were too worried about it. I kept my sanity by not REALLY thinking about it until the drive over. And then as I was having a heart attack and wanting to back out, I just kept telling myself, "Everyone else is feeling the same way."

And I was right.

We all ended up having SUCH a good time. All the same old clicks remained, but everyone was nice to each other! We had some good laughs at good memories. I feel like I have changed so much since high school so I was excited to go and be myself, whereas in high school I had no idea who I was (but who really does) and was so consumed in comparing myself to others that I was WAY to high strung. So Friday night, I talked to my old friends and felt ten pounds of expectations and not feeling good enough fall off my shoulders that that poor little 18 year old girl felt ten years ago!

I'm so glad I went. I only wish I could have had this much fun with everyone back then! But I guess that's what growing up is all about, right?!

My best friends Lindsey Peecook (Sasser) and Tanya Miller (Gardner):

Here we are back on our graduation day:

Jennifer Goettsch (Reinhart), Jaclyn Sarnowski, Katherine Kramer (Bloome) - The four of us (minus Jill Dugan) were the BEST of friends in 5th and 6th grade. We did EVERYTHING together!! We call ourselves the Ironwood Crew.

Some old Blue Notes (our show choir group): Tanya, Jennifer Ellis, Nicole Cramp (Kent)

Mason was the photographer. What a good hubby.

Amber Kennedy, Lindsey, Josh Taylor, Tanya, me, Chesney Silgouro




And we danced!! Some of us were laughing at ourselves for being the mommy group out there on the dance floor! It had been WAY too long!!

Here is Lindsey doing the running man. This picture was too good to leave out!

What a great night!!


4 comments:

xantogal said...

How fun! I didn't go to my 10 year... I may go to the 20, but it depends on my life situation that day :) Word of the day: uncitudi. Not a duet or trio, but by ones-self (formerly known as solo). Ha!

Ken & Kristina said...

You're good! My 20th will be in 2012. I haven't been to a reunion yet and probably won't go to that one either. Most everyone I went to school with has a family. I'm just not up to the reminder. :( Good for you though! I wish I would have been braver and gone to my 10th. I love all of your pictures!!

Jennifer Starr said...

Yeah!! Go Cougars!!!

So glad you had such a fun time.
xoxox

Clement Family said...

I didn't go, but I'm so glad that you had such a great time. I agree no one knows who they are in high school and after 10 years I hope that everyonr has changed (grown) a little. I know that I have!!! Thanks for sharing!