Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Party

We had Boonie's party on Saturday with my family. He still wasn't quite himself, but he was feeling much better than he had been the prior two days.

Darci and Boone - see you can tell in this picture he doesn't feel good. But you only turn 1 once! So a party, we had!

I had originally planned on doing a bubble themed party, but that slowly evolved to a duck party which I think fits him even better. Here's the spread:






Don't you just love this face?!









My first cake ever!! I was so pleased with how it came out!

At first he just poked at the cake. Then he realized he was allowed to touch it and dove in!



...head first...

best. picture. ever.


I know it looks like he totally loved eating the cake, but he actually hardly had any of it. He just like squeezing it in his fingers.



What a fun birthday! It was a success!

Happy first birthday Boonie Lefler!

2 comments:

xantogal said...

Oh how I miss you... and I love the pictures :) Very excellent job on the cake!

Kimmy said...

I love the duck theme! Amazing job!