Monday, August 15, 2011

Whoa baby - food!

Happy first day of school to all you Peoria folks! Mason's first day was last week so Boonie and I are already back in the swing of things. I love my days with this little guy. Anyway... so all last week I was on a making baby food kick! I'd make something new to freeze each morning. Here's what I made: apples & banana, necterine and banana, peach and banana, broccoli and rice, salad mix, sweet potato, carrots and potato, and cantelope and banana. I thought it was kinda fun and I feel so domesticated... not to mention I'm so excited to see how much we save this month! It's totally easy too! Click here for the website I used in case you are interested.

Honestly sometimes I miss teaching, but then I wouldn't get to spend my days cleaning up what he 'cleans up' after I've just cleaned up. I'm so blessed.


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love making baby food too! There's a great cook book at Williams-Sonoma with some baby food recipes I would have never though of. As always, so cute. We really need to plan a time to get together, even a meet in the middle?

Nicole said...

Homemade baby food is the best! Gage makes yucky faces if I try to feed him jar food.

Lissa said...

I LOVED making Paisley's baby food! And will definately do it again for this next little girl. =)

Stephanie Saunders said...

Yeah, I'm too lazy. I think I bought the stuff to do it once. And then I put it on the counter, looked at it for a bit, and went to sit on the couch with my ridiculous amount of ice cream.

I wish I had your motivation...

Kara Miller said...

Yay! Glad it worked out well & I hope Boone is liking it!!