Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy BirSday!

Monday was Kyle's 26th birthday but we actually celebrated it on the previous Friday. We went to one of his favorite chinese restaurants with the whole fam. Now in these pictures below it looks like he's laughing hysterically... that's because he is... here's why:


Towards the end of the meal I tell our waiter that it's Kyle's birthday. He nods, "Oh okay" and walks away. About 5 minutes later the ambient music stops and we hear this crackling on the speaker. A loud blaring, speaker distorting, birthday song starts playing. It's not just any old birthday song mind you, although it was played to the same toon, it was the 'Happy Birsday" birthday song. Our waiter and another come out with the cake shown above and proceed to sing "Happy Birsday to youuuuu..." the whole song while clapping off beat the entire time in slow motion. Oh, it was priceless. It honestly was the Christmas Story birthday... you know... this part:

We were all laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. Priceless. I happened to catch it on video on my phone. I'm so thankful I did.

Anyway, so after that my parents took the babies home and the the four of us went to the first pre-season cardinals game. We lost in the last 3 seconds. Yes you heard that right! But it was a good game.

Happy 26th birthday Kyle!!!

(How can he be 26 years old?! I feel like I'm 26 years old! Dang it.)

1 comment:

xantogal said...

How fun!! That's such a great story and I'm glad you got the video of it :)
'phisums': what I see in my sleep... phantom visions.