Monday, August 22, 2011

11 Months

Can you believe that he will be a year old in one month!? Here are some fun facts about little Boonie Lefler:
  • He pushes around his little walker cart all over the place. He seriously takes it everywhere. He has just figured out how to go in reverse with it too.
  • He's a vegetarian. He eats any fruit/veggie he can get his messy little hands on. He's getting pretty good at finger foods, although I still find a ton in his lap.
  • He loves playing chase games and will laugh hysterically the whole time.
  • He says 'mama' and 'that'. The 'that' he always whispers and points. So if you are getting out of the car he'll whisper, "That. That," and point to birds, or a tree, or a rock, or basically anything he sees.
  • He loves to dance to all music. It's hilarious to see. He stands there and sways from side to side. He dances to music on the tv, he'll dance to you humming, he dances to hymns in church, he dances to the sound of your cell phone turning on, occasionally he will hum and dance to his own tune, but my all time favorite was when I was driving the other day and I had the radio on and looked back and saw his little head swaying back and forth.
  • He walks back and forth between Mason and I. He has let go of the table and walked to me twice. I'm in no hurry, but I know it's coming soon!
  • He's very busy and is all over the place.
  • He needs to be in whatever room I am in. He's my little puppy dog. If I walk into a room he'll say 'mama, mama' and follow me wherever I go. If I'm in the kitchen washing dishes/making dinner he climbs on my legs and says, 'mama mama' until I pick him up or give him something to do.
  • He is still pure mama's boy and I love every second of it.
  • He gives hugs. They may only be 3 second hugs, but they are the best hugs ever.
  • He signs: milk, bye, all done, and cereal.
  • He has 4 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom.

Naughty things Boonie does:
  • Slaps the spoon out of your hand. We mostly feed him through a straw... he's so good at slurping things up. It's so much less of a mess!! Is that weird??
  • He throws grapes across the room.
  • He pulls the grass out of our fake plant... that thing's days are numbered.
  • He loves the toilet and anytime he notices the door open in the bathroom he heads straight toward it. No he's not interested in going... he's just a gross boy.
  • He still likes to help change his diaper - and changing his diaper is like trying to hog tie a wild animal now-a-days.
  • Giving him a bath is like trying to bathe that above mentioned wild animal. Don't get me wrong, he loves baths, but he runs laps in that tub. Yes he's outgrown the baby tub.
  • He is obsessed with cords.
  • But the naughtiest thing of all is the fact that he's not a baby anymore. He's my little boy.

Bless you!!

I love this little man. Happy 11 months!

2 comments:

xantogal said...

I can't believe it! He is getting so grown up... and a VERY handsome boy!! I miss you!!

About us Everts... said...

How dare he grow up! What a naughty little Boonie! He is SO incredibly cute I can't even stand it!