Tuesday, July 26, 2011

U-tarh!

We just got back from a FABULOUS two weeks of vacation. We drove to Utah the 8th - 17th and then the 18th - 25th we went to Cancun with Mason's parents to tour through his mission.

I have so many fun pictures of all that we did. I am going to split the Utah post into two days. Let me just say that I forgot how beautiful it is up there. We left Friday afternoon around 1:00 and arrived at 2:30 am Saturday morning. Boonie actually did a lot better than we thought he would. We had to stop about every two hours, but he was such a trooper!

Saturday we drove up to Tibble Fork canyon to see the river and the lake. Utah has been getting so much water. The river and lake were so full and beautiful. It started raining on us while we were there, but we didn't mind.


Monday night I had a roommate reunion with the girls that I lived with back in my college days at Raintree. 4 of the 6 of us had babies within the past year so it was so fun to finally meet all the little guys! Here is Emily and Frank, Geneve and Connor, and Boonie and I. There was a whole lot of wiggling in this picture.

Here are all the ladies of apartment 5?? I think that was our number - minus Jana (we missed you Jana!!!). Megan, me, Emily, Geneve, and Katy.

Swimming at the AF rec center:




Later in the week I went and visited Ashley and Tae. Boonie sure has a lot of friends. These two were pretty cute to watch together. Look at those blue eyes!

Here is another moment where Utah just took my breath away. Check out this sunset.

Me and my Natalie.

Tuesday some of us went to 7 peaks. Boonie's first water park!!


I know what you're thinking... how do they get him to smile like that?!

Here's how:


Ok... so story... Mason's friend Chris calls us up one night and says, "Mason. Do you trust me?" Of course Mason does and Chris proceeds to talk him into an adventure that they both insisted I HAD to go on. The task was to take black lights and search for golf balls that had been hit out in the tall grass behind Thanksgiving Point. We get out there and are instantly SWARMED by misquitos as we are tromping through the mud and chin high grass (mind you... I am in shorts and a T-shirt). Not really my idea of an adventure (Amy... you are lucky you had a newborn as an excuse not to come). Anywho... after almost being chased by security and near malaria, we headed back to a nearby gas station and the boys picked their loot. We ended up with 140 balls that they used the next day golfing. I feel like they were sorting baseball cards by the way there were getting so excited and trading. Silly boys. I'm not quite sure why I had to be a part of this adventure. But... it makes for a good memory I guess.

Wednesday we all went up the canyon for tin foil dinners. Yum!!

Nana and Boone.

GG with her sweeping stick.



There was the first half of the week!

2 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet up with you but it looks like you had a lot of fun and were pretty busy!!

About us Everts... said...

HOW FUN!! I love the pictures of you girls! That's so exciting. Weird to think about how we all were back then. I think it's funny you guys are just starting to have kids within this past year or this year and I have an almost 5 year old. lol Makes me feel old. Anyway, glad you had fun! That's great!