Friday, June 17, 2011

Nerd Alert!

Guess where we went Friday night?

To a Weird Al concert.

Yup... jealous... aren't you.

And guess what... this is the second one I've been to. I'm just that nerdy. The first one my parents actually took us all to on their 25th wedding anniversary (Mason - don't even THINK about it - learn from other people's mistakes) when I was in high school. Every time Weird Al would ever come up in a conversation with anyone I had the privilege of saying, "I've been to a Weird Al concert." Kinda like I can always say that I've been to a Star Trek convention. I think Mason was jealous. And I'm guessing you are now too. Anyway, so when my dad and Kyle called us up (they are the real nerds) we just had to go.

Here is a crummy picture from my ghetto camera. This is during 'The Saga Begins' song. Or perhaps it was 'Yoda.' Anyway... Al always puts on a good show.

Of course he did 'White and Nerdy.'

And the 'Amish Paradise.'

Now Mason can say he's been to a Weird Al concert. You'll thank me someday Mason.

Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Get yourself an egg and beat it
Have some more chicken, have some more pie
It doesn't matter if it's boiled or fried
Just eat it.
-Weird AL (to Michael Jacksons Beat It)

3 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

I LOVED Weird Al when I was in Jr. High. I didn't know he was still performing. I would TOTALLY go to a concert of his. I think it would be hilarious!!

Lissa said...

Hahaha! Is it sad if I don't know who that is?? He has pretty hair.... =)

Kara Miller said...

And this is why I love you!!!!!! I would be front row singing along to every song with you :)