Sunday, June 26, 2011

Father's Day 2011

Ever since I was a little girl my dad and I have enjoyed listening to Frank Sinatra together. I'm thankful that he ingrained some good taste of music in me. I'll tell you, there's nothing quite like listening to ol' Frank to put you in a good mood.


When I was about 10 years old he heard an ad on the radio advertising for someone who was a Frank Sinatra impersonator that was performing at a night club in Scottsdale. He took me up to this little dive where they had a live band and dancing. I was in heaven listening to Guy Pennacchio. That was his first performance. Over the years we attended different performances at clubs and such and it was always a special daddy daughter time for us. The last time we went was probably about ten years ago right before I graduated high school.

Well there is a little theater here in Peoria and one day I saw that Guy was performing at that theater the day before Father's Day. So my dad and I got to go on another date night to see Guy. He has become a special friend and it's always good to see him again. I wish I would have had my camera with me that night.

Guy has two cd's out. He really is quite talented. I'm thankful for a special night with my dad. I haven't been in Arizona to celebrate Father's Day with my dad for quite some time now. It was long over due.


I had wanted to get Mason something special being it was his first Father's Day. For Mother's Day he got me a pendant that can hold my children's birthstones. I wanted something that represented him as a father, so I got him this baseball tie tack. I figured that being it's always been his dream to play ball with his son, this would be perfect. Plus, Boone starts with B, like baseball. He can wear it and always think of his little Boonie bug.

I'm thankful for such good men and fathers in my life.

No comments: