Monday, June 27, 2011

9 Months

Hello 9 months. You have officially stolen my baby from me.

Weight: 18 lbs. 12 oz. (25th percentile)
Height: 29 1/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight for length percentile: 10th

I have a tall skinny little boy who is getting his top four teeth all at once.

Some fun things Boone is doing:
  • He crawled 4 steps/knees yesterday for the first time. He keeps alternating from his professional army scoot to a couple crawls and then plops back down to his scoot. I think he'll figure it out soon.
  • As I mentioned above, he has 4 teeth on the top coming in which is making the poor little thing fussy. The bottom two didn't give him any problems, but these are hurting his sweet little mouth.
  • He follows me around like a puppy. If I walk out of the room he'll come scooting right along and comes to my feet.
  • He's becoming MUCH more independent. He doesn't really like me to hold him at all anymore, which is why I still cherish my nursing moments.
  • He has pulled himself up onto things a couple of times. He's getting better and better.
  • He is VERY busy. He is constantly looking around and finding something new to play with.
  • He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES water. It doesn't matter how cold it is, he wants to be in it.
  • The back of his hair looks like it's going to curl. I hope so. Just like his daddy's.
Here is one of the times he pulled himself up on to a picnic basket:

His makeshift bed that he slept in the day we were doing the carpets in our house.

Being he's so busy feeding him is sometimes a challenge. If he hears a bird in the backyard and you are about to get a spoonful of food into his mouth, he'll whip his head around to look and smear the food all over. Or he'll grab the spoon. Or he'll suddenly decide to lean forward into the spoon. Here is one particularly busy dinner. Yummy bananas and berries.

Lately his favorite toy is a stick. Any kind of stick he just loves. He found my paint stick the other day and was drumming on the can. No I don't let my son play with paint... but he looked cute with his paint stick. Silly little boy. I wonder if we have a drummer on our hands.


Happy 9 months sweet Boonie. You are my favorite.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Sticks!!! We have a fondness for them around here too. :)

Nicole said...

Sweet pics! Did you take them?