Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pretty Excited...

So I'm pretty excited about a couple of things and you being my closest friends... I'm going to share 3 of them with you.

I'm pretty dang excited about my photography business. Like REALLY! I did my first in studio newborn session last Friday and it went amazingly well. It was so much fun! I just have to keep talking positively to myself that I am legit. In my mind a little voice keeps telling me that I look silly... but then I see the pictures and another little voice tells me otherwise. I'm not bragging... I'm just letting you know my inner thoughts (or multiple personalities as Mason would call it). So I have created a blog that is linked to the website and vice versa if you want to add that to your blog roll where I will be posting after each shoot. It's www.leflerphotography.blogspot.com.


Then the other thing I'm SUPER excited about is the fact that I just signed us up to take SALSA dancing lessons through the city. Oh man I'm so excited. In case you didn't know I use to go salsa, country, ballroom dancing just about every single weekend (sometimes weekdays) in college. My dancing shoes had officially been hung in the closet... but don't worry ladies - starting June 6 you are back! I also got Mason to sign up with me. I don't really need the lessons but he has never danced before so I'm going to have him learn so that we can dance together, which is something I've been begging him to do since we got married. I told him this is what I wanted for our anniversary. It only took me 4 years of convincing. I think the final selling point on the salsa class was the fact that we are going to...


(excitement #3) ...Cancun this summer!! Mason served his mission there and has been wanting to take his parents and I there ever since. So his parents made him the deal that whenever he got into his Master's program they would take him back to his mission. SO... I said, "Mason, let's take salsa lessons and go salsa dancing in Cancun!!" It just fits right? Well to me it does. Probably not to him, but atleast we will be able to put our newly learned skills to use. Whew.

3 comments:

Ken & Kristina said...

I. Am. Seriously. Jealous.

Emily said...

Joel and I went to Cancun for our honeymoon. Very pretty place, you are going to love it!!!

Lissa said...

Oooo! How exciting! I've wanted to take salsa lessons with David for forever....but he digs his heels in for everything. *sigh* Maybe someday.....