Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Garden

We planted a garden back in February and it's doing surprisingly well!! I always thought that gardens were impossible in AZ. But Mason, my little farm boy, has proved us all wrong!

We planted green leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, beets, eggplant, zuchini, cilantro, carrots, watermelon, squash, green beans, roma tomatoes, celebrity tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Everything has grown except for the lettuce and beets - which is weird because I have some friends who got a TON of lettuce. Hmmm...

Arizona is cool because it has 3 planting seasons. And I'll tell you what... fresh tomatoes from the vine - especially cherry tomatoes - are absolutely DELICIOUS!!

This was a before picture of the area where we put our garden. I wish I would have taken an after picture when everything had sprouted and looked pretty. Now it just looks wild again, but atleast there is produce in that wildness!!

4 comments:

xantogal said...

Hooray!!

xantogal said...

I just had to leave a second comment because of the next word verification word: retchin.
No definition needed. Ha!

Ken & Kristina said...

Wow! Go you!! It looks great!

Lissa said...

I cannot even tell you how insanely jealous I am of your gorgeous garden! I am determined to figure out how to fill my poor box with dirt before the fall so I can plant in September. De-ter-mined. =)