Monday, May 23, 2011

8 Months Old

So I've reverted back to the small pictures because my picasaweb account was just about full due to the size of the pictures I was uploading before. Dang it. I don't like uploading them with blogger because they are small, grainy, and I swear they only upload the originals and not my edited ones. Anyone have any solutions??

My little man is now 8 months old. That sounds SO old to me. We're going to be celebrating his one year birthday in no time! I have been so blessed with this little spirit who I love more than life itself. He is my purpose, my life, and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed me with him.

He's grown so much so quickly. He is becoming a little boy. I can see it in his face. He is on the move nowadays. He hasn't started crawling on his knees, but he is a professional army crawler. This little guy can move - and quickly too!! He loves to follow me from room to room and sometimes he get courageous and will venture off on his own.

One of our favorite games is for me to hide from him and make a noise. He looks all around the room until he finds me. Then he'll laugh and I'll hide somewhere else. He's really good at finding me... even if it is just a portion of my face peeking out. I really need to get my house baby proofed. It almost is, but there are somethings he is still able to get into. Like just last night he pulled a little cactus we have on a shelf off because he wanted the water drainage dish below it. Don't worry... there weren't any thorns... just dirt all over.

We have a really awesome playpen that I think I'm going to sell for a lot of money when he out grows it. Yup... it's a Huggies diaper box. He loves it and will sit in there and play.

Here he is demonstrating 'all done' for you. I had to laugh because yesterday before church Mason was feeding him his oatmeal. Mason wanted to stuff him nice and full so he would be happy at church. Well Boonie did 'all done' a couple of times to Mason - but apparently Mason wasn't 'all done.' But the trick worked!! Boone slept all through sacrament which hasn't been working out so well the past couple of weeks.

He claps. And waves bye bye.

We are always finding him in all kinds of strange sleeping positions. I love looking at him when he is asleep. He is just so sweet.


Here are just a few other things to note:
  • He is terrified of the vacuum and will cry until I'm done.
  • There isn't anything that he has eaten that he hasn't liked - although his little body doesn't like it when he eats bananas.
  • He likes to watch the birds in the backyard.
  • I have to give him rings to hold on to when I am changing his diaper or else he wants to help out.
  • He gives kisses that are very wet and slobbery, but I love them.
  • When he is giving those kisses he usually has my hair in a death grip holding my face to his.
  • He likes to hang on to the back of my hair when I have it in a pony tail. It makes a great handle.
  • Every time I put him down in his play area he goes straight for the trash can - which is gross - so we build a barricade with the couch pillows.
  • He had is first cold this week with a little cough. Luckily that's all it was, but it was still sad to hear it. He's fine now.
  • He is down to 3 naps a day and his internal clock is set to only take 1 hour naps - to the very second.
  • He's perfect.

2 comments:

xantogal said...

I love this post :)

Ken & Kristina said...

I can't believe that handsome little guy is 8 months old already. He is such a cutie. I love all of the fun facts, especially his love of the garbage can. Too cute!!