Friday, April 1, 2011

Six Months Old

Boone Lefler
16.7 pounds - 50%
27 1/2 inches - 75 %

I had better get this post done before he's 7 months old! My, oh my has it really been half a year since I've had this sweet baby boy? Boone being six months old has just opened up a whole new world of delight and entertainment. I feel like so much has changed since him turning the big half year mark!


Here are some fun things Boonie is doing:
  • Started solid foods - he's had baby oatmeal, green beans, mixed vegetable, and a combo of bananas, apples and pears. He's a great eater now and I just love how wide he opens his mouth. He also wimpers in between each bite - the anticipation is more than he can handle. I like feeding him solids. I love his expressions.
  • Says "Da da daddy da" all the time. But the funny thing is the way he says it. He uses his 'soft' voice and kinda sounds like he's using a little girl voice. A couple of mornings when he woke up when Mason's alarm went off (no he didn't hear it - it's just a six sense) I've brought him in to bed in the dark and he will just sit there and really quietly say "Daddy da dad da" for a bit. Mason says it makes waking up at 5:30 am not so bad.
  • He's completely sleeping through the night now. HOORAY! His bedtime is 8:30 and he has been sleeping all the way until 7:30 or 8:00 for the past week now! He use to sleep from 8:30 to about 5:30 but sometimes he'd go all the way through. Well one night last week he woke up at 2:30am and I said, "I'm not going in there. He's fine." He cried for an hour, but since then he's slept for 11 or 12 hours! So I guess that ONE night of sleep training paid off! What a smart little dude.
  • On Tuesday he started rolling over from front to back. WATCH OUT WORLD! Here comes Boonie Lefler!! He's rolling ALL over the place now. We put him on one side of the living room and he will roll all the way over to us. He is SO happy with his new ability and wants to be on the ground all the time now - which is rare because he use to HATE tummy time. It's so fun to watch!
  • He like to give me kisses. Whenever I put him over my shoulder to burp him he turns his head, grabs my face and slobbers all over me. Every single time. And I love it. Even though most of the time it results in him burping right in my face, but I love it.
  • He has two teeth!!! Barely. The bottom left finally broke through on the 26th and the bottom right just broke through on Tuesday. They are just barely peeking through the gums.
Huh?!


He is just such a sweet boy. I love his personality and how he makes every person that meets him smile.


These are all pictures from his six month photo shoot (in our backyard I might add):


I love my days with this little boy. I feel so blessed to be able to spend every single day with him.


We call this our little sufer dude ready for church.


He LOVES bath time and will just sit in there and splash away! One of his favorite parts is when I pour the water over his head. He just laughs as it runs over his face. I think he's going to love swimming this summer!


He loves his duckies! You can actually see the water running off his face in these pictures. He just loves it!


I sure do love you little Boonie Lefler. I love being your mommy.



3 comments:

Denise Ashworth said...

SOOO CUTE!!! He is getting so big!!!

xantogal said...

Can't wait to see you guys again!!

Kara Miller said...

He is so handsome! What a little doll.