Friday, February 11, 2011

No More Burritos


My sweet little Boonie has officially outgrown his burritos. He has been without them for about a week and a half now. He also doesn't fall asleep with his pacifier anymore either. Oh what a big boy I have.

It all started about two weeks ago when he started sleeping like a newborn again all of the sudden. He would wake up every 2-3 hours just screaming and when I'd go in there he would be thrashing around like a wild man and have his hands wiggled out of the burrito and stuck in his face which I think frustrated him even more. So I decided to take him out the next night and see what would happen. I also thought I'd try having him fall asleep without the binkie to see if that helped. I wondered if when the binkie fell out in his sleep it was waking him up. Plus I had read that it was easier to take the binkie away before 6 months. I'd rather not have to wean him off that.

Well low and behold I now have a professional non-burrito, non-binkie, baby. He even puts himself to sleep at night. We'll hear him in there talking to his animals or the walls or his hands for about 5 minutes after we put him down, and then he just falls asleep. Am I lucky or what?!

Again though, I am sad because this is another 'big boy' moment. I loved putting him in that burrito and he looked so cute wrapped up like a little cocoon.

Congratulations Boonie. You are just growing up too fast. And another funny thing is that he is losing his hair! I look at this picture above and he has so much hair!! Right now it's funny looking because he has some REALLY long ones on top that almost reach down to his eyes... but there are only a few. Then he has his new hair growing in underneath that. It's cute, but I find little blonde Boonie hairs all over everything!! I saved some for his baby book. I've really got to stop being so nostalgic or I'm not going to be able to handle this child-rearing thing.

5 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

So cute! gotta love it when they just learn how to do big boy things on their own!
And happy belated B-Day!

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean about being nostalgic. I get a little sad when Morgan learns something new, but it's also exciting to see their little moments of growth! Isn't it wonderful that we can just watch it all?

Everts said...

Oh, what a big boy! He's so cute. It's so funny when they lose their hair. They look like old men to me. Like you, I was very nostalgic. I still am just not as much. It's different when this stuff happens with #2 and I'm assuming #3 and so on. With Ethan I recorded everything, took pictures of everything etc etc. Anyway, he's so cute. I took the binkies away around 8 months old and it was easy as pie. They didn't even miss it. One day they had it, the next day, gone. I also did that with bottles at 9 months. I would give them formula (or breast milk) in a sippy cup. And they didn't miss the bottles either.

xantogal said...

My parents did that too... there are more things they 'saved' from when I was little compared to my youngest brother.
Word of the day: Spurt - no comment needed ;)

Molly said...

He is such a cute man! Love his bedding. We should go to the temple with you sometime!