Monday, February 7, 2011

28 Years Young...

The 31st was my birthday and I must say that this is the first birthday that I have had in a LONG while where I haven't been dreading the age. I think it's because I finally have a baby and each year before this I was always thinking, "Oh great... I'm 26 and don't have a baby. Oh great... I'm 27 and don't have a baby." So it was kinda nice to not wake up feeling a little sad about the day. This is also the first birthday I've been able to spend with my family since I turned 20. So I really enjoyed that too.

The Friday night before my birthday Mason took me out for sushi and shopping. Then Saturday morning we went to the Mesa temple. We've never been there and I am really wanting to make sure that we go once a month for this whole year. It was the first time we had done sealings too, so that felt special.



Then we came home and had our family party. We had a picnic in the backyard and then played a riveting game of croquet. I think that was the first time many of my family members have ever played that game. We had a fun time!


Kyle and Stacey enjoying the grub.


Happy Birthday Mommy!!





The rest of the fam minus Grandma and Darci.







Bliss.





I love these two boys so much. And I love this picture so much.




The game I was telling you about.






I hope I don't have a pyro on my hands. :)





Happy Birthday to ME!!




                                                     Thank you mom for the cake!!!

8 comments:

Ken and Kristina said...

Awwww... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLSON!! I love your celebration. Hope you had a great day.

Ken and Kristina said...

Nice, nice. Let's try that one again, Allison. Sorry about the misspelling.

Jennifer Starr said...

I'm loving the bangs!!!

Zach & Lindsey Boskovich said...

What a FUN birthday! I am glad that it was such a good one. LOVE all the CUTE pictures.

xantogal said...

You are so amazing and I am glad you posted pictures from your birthday :) Love you bunches!!

Everts said...

Happy Birthday! Cute pictures and family!

Stephanie Saunders said...

I must say that I usually don't like the short bangs thing. But on you they look awesome! Happy late birthday!

Lissa said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY, ALLISON! I love all the pics in this post. Looks like you had a great day! And I never would have guessed you were 28! Seriously....never.