Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Superstition Mountains

For Martin Luther King weekend I wanted to get out and enjoy this beautiful 75 degree weather that we have been having. So we decided to get together with some friends and go hiking. I'm so glad that we did. It felt SO good to be out there in that warm fresh air.

We went hiking with the Mosman's. I use to teach first grade with Britta about 4 years ago. She just had little Eliah in May and we have been wanting to get together for awhile now. So I'm glad we were able to work it out!

Here are the Superstition Mountains. There is a fun story behind these mountains including The Lost Dutchman's gold mine! Click here to read about it.
Here are Britta, Reid, and little Eliah. It was so good to finally meet you, Eliah!



This is all the farther we decided to go up. We actually went farther than we had planned. Reid basically carried the stroller up the whole time through the rough terrain. Here we are below. I was worried about Boone's little baby skin and didn't think about sunscreen. So he wore socks on his arms. As you can see below he kept knocking the one off.

When we taught together the students often mixed us up. I can see the resemblance, but not really. :)

Now below is what real men look like. These two are rare gems. I loved how Mason walked the whole way with his hand up like this blocking the sun. As you can see little Boone is tuckered out. But on the way up it was hilarious because for some reason Boone would just start laughing for no reason at all. I think it was a combination of the walking/bouncing and the hand in his face. He thought his daddy was playing a really fun game with him. I wish I would have gotten a video of it! It was so funny!!
Thanks guys for meeting up with us!

I'm so thankful for days like this!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I grew up in the East Valley and have many fond memories hiking the Superstition Mountains. What a fun way to spend the holiday! =)

Britta Mosman said...

It was fun! Thanks for coming out! We will have to head your way next time. I think the kids mixed us up because of our dark hair and maybe our height? But I'm with ya. kids are silly :)
Little Boone is adorable and it was great to get to meet him!