Sunday, October 10, 2010

The big 3-0

Yes, we just celebrated Mason's birthday on Friday. 30 years old! Can you believe it? I can't. I had imagined throwing a big surprise birthday party for him, complete with over the hill signs (even though that's not until later) but as the day got closer, I realized that that probably wasn't the best idea with a new born. So Grandma came up to babysit little Boone and we celebrated with the two of us by going to a matinee movie and dinner. It was a MUCH needed date that we enjoyed very much. I thought that that didn't seem like a very glamourous 30th birthday, but luckily Mason doesn't care about birthdays as much as I do.

Here's Mason's giant birthday cookie complete with 30 candles. It's so nice because Mason gets the whole next week off because it's fall break in his district. So that is a wonderful gift too - for me AND for him!

I love this picture above because this is the face of a daddy whose hand has just been exploded upon. Those of you who have babies know exactly what I'm talking about. I love that I caught it on camera. Priceless.

He's just so loved.

3 comments:

xantogal said...

I hope Mason stops getting older... cuz the older he gets, the older I get :( I love Boone's face getting squashed by kisses from Mommy and Daddy! I miss you guys so much. XOXO

Stephanie Saunders said...

Well, of course he is! Look at how cute he is! Wait. Were you talking about Mason, or Boone?

Britta Mosman said...

Boone is too cute! Fun to have him around for an important birthday :) And happy birthday Mason! Glad you guys were able to go out on a date and have a break! Gotta love those grandmas for helping out!!