Wednesday, October 20, 2010

4 weeks...

My little Boonie is 4 weeks old today!! I can't believe how fast time has gone! He will be one month on Friday. Whew! What a month! We go in for his one month check up on Monday and I know he has grown so much. He's getting longer and those cheeks are getting chubbier. I love 'em!

Here's the low-down on Boone:
  • He's a starer. He will stare at you with those big blue eyes. Careful though, if he stares too long it will make you cry. This has happened to me on multiple occasions.
  • His eyes cross whenever he is happy and looking around - much to his daddy's dismay. Mason thinks it makes him look 'less smart.' I think it looks adorable and hilarious.
  • He has a teradactol (I can't spell) scream. It's quite disturbing and luckily infrequent.
  • He went to church for the first time this past Sunday and did WONDERFUL! We were able to stay for the whole 3 hours without any meltdowns!
  • He is discovering his voice and using it to make different sounds. One sound he makes sounds exactly like he is saying, "Hiiii."
  • Sometimes he sighs after sneezes and I just melt.
  • He likes to listen to music.
  • His hair still curls.
  • He loves his baths.
  • He has a clogged tear duct so when he wakes up in the morning it looks like a green spider is sitting on his eye - also disturbing.
  • He's starting to hold his head up during tummy time.
  • His chin quivers right before he cries.
  • He fake coughs.
  • His hands are his own worst enemy - always poking himself in the eyes and waking himself up - therefor he LOVES bring TIGHTLY wrapped up in a burrito especially at night.
  • He gets kissed about 500 times a day. And here's why:
For your viewing pleasure... Some more at home pictures. PS: The shirt that he is wearing was my older brother Ryan's one month old outfit. I just think it's the cutest thing!

Tummy Time!

I love this snarl.

One of those cross-eyed faces I was telling you about.

The model is getting tired.

Oh yes, and there is still plenty of this... I don't know why but I love this picture below. I see this quite often and yes, still kiss this face too.

Getting his beauty sleep. I love this little guy.

Time flies!!

7 comments:

mistielin said...

he is ADORABLE!!!

Kara Miller said...

Oh I love him SO much! Has it really been 4 weeks already? For the plugged duct, if you rub with your pinky in a circular motion on the duct it will clear up. Breast milk also helps...full of antibodies!

xantogal said...

Oh my gosh! He is a handsome boy! I can't believe he's almost a month old!!!

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

Wow, seems like it's only been a week or two. Amazing how fast that went! He's already looking so much bigger! What a darling little face.

Britta Mosman said...

He is too cute!! He has changed so much in the last month already! Time sure does fly!

Ken and Kristina said...

I love him!! Will you and Mason make a baby for Ken and I? Hey... I went and saw Kim and her new baby at the hospital last night. Wish you were here!! (with Boone, of course)

Briana & Ryan said...

He is so stinkin cute! And we LOVE having you guys in the ward!