Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a difference a day makes...

...24 little hours.

Sometime very soon there is going to be such a wonderful change happening in my life. I remember back 3 years ago in just 24 hours I went from being Allison Leybas to Allison Lefler. I became someone's wife. My life suddenly became wrapped in someone elses.

This time my name isn't changing, actually it is - I will be someone's mom - but my whole purpose and way of living will suddenly be changed for one small person. I'm hoping that having a baby takes the selfishness out of me. I'm hoping that having a baby makes me become the person that I want to become, not for myself, but because I am his mommy and he deserves the best mommy he can possibly have.

I can't wait for the moment when my thoughts turn from, "What am I going to do today?" to "What are WE going to do today or what does my baby need today?" I pray that I can be the mommy that he deserves and I am honored that Heavenly Father is trusting me with one of his babies.

In 24 hours I will be living the dream I always had as a little girl. I LOVED playing with my dolls; dressing them up, carrying them around, feeding them, being the perfect mommy. Now that dream will be coming to life. I'm actually one of those people who actually had the chance to say that they've lived out one of their dreams.

The next time you see me I will no longer be Allison Leybas Lefler the friend, teacher, wife, daughter that you've always known because I will also have the word MOTHER attached to it and for that I am thankful.

6 comments:

Jennifer Starr said...

wait?? so do you a c-section planned??? I'm so excited for you and totally jealous...I'll be thinking of you, what an amazing time in your life... and once you get settled back at home, you let us know if you want us to come over and do a newborn session:) xoxo

Ken and Kristina said...

Wait, wait, wait... are you being induced? C-section? What is going on?

xantogal said...

What a beautiful post! So heartfelt and real... I know you will be a great mommy to Boone and he will love you and his daddy so much!! I know I love his mommy and daddy so much :)

Julie said...

You will be an amazing mother!

Marianne and Kory said...

....and I can't wait!

Clayton and Niki said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. It is an amazing and surreal experience. In one day, you go from being the person you've known your entire life, and then it's like a sudden SWITCH happens. You're still that person, just a better version of it. I can tell you from experience that having kids basically rips whatever selfish tendancies you had right out of you. I'm grateful to Van for that.

I don't know what's going on, if you're having a C-Section or being induced but it's crazy to think you might have a baby at this very minute since you did this post yesterday. Good luck Allison. You will be an amazing mom. I have absolutely no doubt. Boone was chosen to come to you and Mason for a reason. You were meant to be a family. He will make you the person you need to be and you will do the same for him.

Once life settles down (I know you won't feel quite like yourself for a little while) please call me so we can get our little buddies together (and WE can catch up too)!

Good luck! Love ya.