Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The nursery debut!!!

First of all... do you notice that my counter now says 20 days!? 20 days!!!! (Hopefully sooner) So here is the evolution of the baby's room. Yup... I'm pretty proud. I love it.

First off, this is what the room looked like from July until about last Saturday. If you ever asked me how the baby's room was coming and I gave you an exasperated reply... this is why:

Atleast it was all in the same room... right? Sooo... Then we were able to get that room cleared out. I chose the color and then I ordered the workers.

This is my dad's face in basically every picture I take of him.

My brother Kyle... I fed them both with pizza. These two painted the whole room before lunch! Record timing!

Ok... now I know the suspense is killing you... Drum roll please!!!
Tah-dah!!!
Our little Mister's room!


I'll tell you what, I LOVE it. It's my haven right now. I love to just go and sit in there and look around.

B is for... not boy. We are naming him Boone. Strange I know, but I kinda don't wanna hear your opinion unless you love it. We haven't decided on a middle name yet. I'll get back to you on that one. So the two empty canvases are for his hand print and foot print.

I told you the bedding was the cutest bedding in the world. The quilt on the chair goes with it. I'm also missing the curtain that matches. It should be coming in the mail sometime this week. (Note to self - NEVER order from Sears)

Look at this BEAUTIFUL picture I found at the LDS bookstore. It's in one of those frames across the room. It makes me happy/teary eyed at the same time. I love imagine that's where my sweet little guy is coming from.

All his fun little toys! I love my Dr. Suess collection that I have been collecting for years. One of the perks of being a 1st grade teacher! I had these in my classroom. Little did I know I'd be using them for my baby's room one day. Good thing I never let my students play with them. Germy little hands.


And that's about it! I think I am done! Like I said, I love it. It makes me so happy. I feel like I am playing house right now... you know, like when we were little and set up our baby's room. But this time, all my things are real - including my little baby. Oh I just can't wait to meet him!!

12 comments:

DR Gunderson Family said...

Allison! This is the cutest nursery i've ever seen! Great job. I love the Christ picture, i've been looking for a good one similar to that to hang in my Pem's room, but of course with a little girl. Let me tell you how much i ADORE the name Boone - perfect, just perfect! I'm so excited for you and Mason! Anyday now..... eeeeeeh, way exciting!

Hey do you know where i could find some cute Dr. Seuss toys? They are classic and gender neutral, a must have!

Love you! and Congrats again on your little miracle!!

Kelly Star said...

Your nursery is hands down the most adorable nursery I have ever seen. I also love the name Boone. You and your husband are very creative and loving and it shows in that room. Congrats!

Ashley_Cameron said...

Oh Allison I love it!! You did a great job. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that likes to just sit in there :) I'm still figuring out the video... haha!

Jennifer Starr said...

Your nursery is precious....but just imagine what it will look like with your "final touch"! How exciting!!!!

Ken and Kristina said...

I LOVE IT!! Seriously, it looks like something out of a magazine. Nice job! It is perfect for little Boone. Come help me decorate when it's my turn!!

Clayton and Niki said...

Yay!! I love a completed nursery. It's so many good things all at once: no more stress because it's done, you get a calm serene place to relax because it's never messy, and it makes it so much more real that little Boone is going to be here so soon. I can't tell you how many times I went and sat in Van's nursery before he got here, and the funny thing is now that he's here, I still do it...only now I have him in my arms. It's the best feeling. And being totally honest....I LOVE HIS NAME. Totally my style. Not plain and boring, but not completely made up either. Boone Lefler. It's perfect. Good luck finding a middle name. We chose to have family names for ALL our kids middle names. That way they have a name that really means something to us, and it doesn't matter if it's not the "coolest" name because it's only a middle name anyway. Hence: Van Clayton. haha

Sorry for the novel! :)

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

Will you please come do my nursery?????????? Just kidding, I don't even have one. But if I did, I would force you to come do it.

Good for you guys for sticking with the name you love. It's your son, and the only thing that matters is YOU love it!

I can't wait to see pics. I hope he comes soon!

Everts said...

Very cute room. Well done! I like how the name is so original and unique. I like it. If we have another boy I'm thinking Jude, Gabriel, Levi or Noah. I know... boring but we decided we'd do biblical boy names so gotta keep with the theme. Anyway, well done, so cute, you're cute, the name is cute, toy's are cute... you are set!

Britta Mosman said...

SO CUTE!! You did a great job!! you are way ahead of me :) Eliah's rooom still isn't complete and he is almost 4 months old. haha, still sleeping in our room until Reid finished his mural.

Love the colors you chose! He is one lucky little guy to have such great parents!

NaTasha said...

You've done such an amazing job Allison! Seriously, that nursery looks like it belongs in a designer magazine somewhere. It's absolutely adorable (as is the name Boone, might I add :) Oh, and I totally feel for you and hope your countdown flies by from here on out! Best of luck!

Ivy and Derett said...

I LOVE it!!! Good job momma! and so the count down begins.....

Julie said...

LOVE the baby's room! The color on the walls is perfect :) I took me months to convince Scott to paint -- I should have hired out like you! haha Can't wait to see little Boone!