Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Contest!


So I've been looking at games to play at my sister in laws baby shower that I am throwing for her and one of the games is to have everyone at the party guess the weight of the newborn baby. The person who guesses the closest gets sent a prize after the baby is born.

I think that sounds like a good idea being the suspense is killing me! I've decided to have my own contest and being this is a contest the winner will receive a

gift certificate!! Who doesn't LOVE ice cream?!

So here's what I want you to do, guess how much you think he's going to weigh. Now you may want to go into details - not just 8 pounds but 8 lbs 5 oz - you catch my drift. Also, leave the day that you think he will grace us with his presence just in case two people guess the same weight. Keep in mind my due date is Sept. 22nd.

Thanks for humoring me. As you can see, I have NOTHING to do but play the waiting game right now... so what better of a way than to play a REAL game.

Good luck!

20 comments:

Clayton and Niki said...

Love it! Here's my guess:
7lbs. 12 oz.
Born September 25th
(Van was 4 days late, but I just thought I must have made a good home for him in there and he didn't want to come out :)
Good luck!!

Katie Goudie said...

I'll play! :)

I'd say 8lbs. 4 oz.
Born Sept 23rd (I'm hoping you don't have to wait too long!)

I'm so excited for you. Oh and I don't know if I've told you, but you are the cutest prego women ever. :)

Good luck with everything!!

xantogal said...

I'll say 8lbs 10oz. Born Sept 18th. (I know that's this weekend, but I thought I should make it early enough that you could come and work here after he's born - we might need a first grade teacher ;) haha)

Wingst: what birds have, instead of angst.

Kimberly said...

Ok, here goes nothing! I say September 24th, 7 lbs 14 oz. Good luck; we can't wait to see him.

P. said...

I predict you will have Boone on September 23rd (it will be a full moon!!) and that he will weigh 8 lbs. 4 ozs. I will be happy if I am wrong and he show up sooner!!!
I can't wait to be a Grandma!!

Karen (Allison's Mom)

P. said...

Okay........I see that my prediction was the same as Katie Goudie......so I will keep the same date but change the weight to 8 lbs. 3 ozs. Next time I will read first and post second!! :)

Yo mama

Ken and Kristina said...

Hmmmm.... I'm not pro with no experience but I guess September 27th (so sorry) weighing in at 7 lbs. 10 oz.

Kara Miller said...

I'm guessing Oct. 1st weighing in at 9 lbs. even just like Ada :)

Kayz said...

September 23rd, 8 pounds 6 ounces!! =) GOOD LUCK!!!

Everts said...

September 24th, 7lbs 3oz. :)

Kimberly said...

What a good idea! I'll say 7 lbs. 6 oz. and September 21st! But if I win, seriously, do I need any more ice cream?

Michael and Lindsay Condie said...

Sept 23rd
7 lbs 13 oz

What a fun idea!!

Ashley_Cameron said...

Being that your are already dilated and effaced you could be induced around your due date. We are guessing:
September 21 (cross our fingers)
8 pounds 9 ounces
20 inches

The Stanford Bunch said...

Sept 20th 8 lbs 5 oz

Kacy & Adam said...

Just for kicks and giggles I'll say September 24 weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz. Can't wait to see picks of Boone!!!
ps. You really are the cutest pregnant mama!

Lindsey Boskovich said...

September 28th 8 pounds 4 ounces

Kelly Star said...

Sept 27 and 8lbs 3oz

Stephanie Saunders said...

September 25th: 8 pounds, 1 ounce.

I'm so excited for you! Don't forget to bring your boppy to the hospital. And ear plugs...

Julie said...

9 lbs 1 oz. on September 22nd. Your due date exactly... :)

Ken and Kristina said...

Ummmm... I may have gotten the day wrong, but the weight was DEAD ON!! Do I get a runner up prize? :)