Saturday, September 18, 2010

39 1/2 weeks...

4 more days! I think I am coming to terms with the fact that it will probably be more than 4 days until I have my little guy in my arms. I went to the doctor on Thursday and he told me I had not progressed anymore than last week. :(

But that's okay - I guess. I am kinda enjoying people's reactions to when they ask me when I'm due and I say Wednesday. The reaction is always the same - open mouth and a gasp. It will be humorous when they ask and I say, "Oh, I was due two days ago."


(sorry for the low picture image quality)

Mason has come up with some new pet names for me. The two that come to mind immediately are his little tugboat and his donut ball on toothpicks. That last one makes me giggle quite a bit. Look, I even (kinda) found a picture of one!

I wonder what this week has in store for us!

5 comments:

Britta Mosman said...

Oh you're so close! I'm so excited for you guys! You will love the moment they place him in your arms. Nothing beats it!

Kara Miller said...

It is pretty funny to tell people you were due last week! :) I got some huge eyes and gaping mouths...not to mention people freaking out and telling me I needed to be closer to my hospital instead of shopping an hour away! Oh people are so funny when you're pregnant! I am so excited for you Allison. It is seriously one of the most spiritual experiences of your entire life! Love you!

Ken and Kristina said...

You look fabulous, of course! I am so excited for this little guy to come! You and Mason are seriously going to be such great parents. He is one lucky little spirit. Can't wait for the big news that he is here and healthy. Keep me posted!! Good luck!

Clayton and Niki said...

Ahhh!! It's getting so close! And your belly just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Now you are DEFINATELY at the stage where it really could be any day now and it's not just wishful thinking.

About Babywise...I am telling you, if you want to get sleep, you seriously need to look into it. It's all about training your baby to put themselves to sleep so they don't require you to hold them every 2 seconds and rock them to sleep for every nap. (You still can sometimes of course, because it's fun! haha) It seriously is a lifesaver though. If you read the book, you technically start it the day they are born (just by working really hard to get them to take a full feeding before falling asleep, so they don't get in the habit of snacking...because then you really will be feeding them every 45 minutes.) But you don't really have to get into the whole routine bit for a week or so.

Anyway, sorry about the novel. But when you have a baby that sleeps so well, you want to shout it from the roof tops to all the new mamas out there because it really does make all the difference.

One thing I will tell you though is that no matter what any book says, you really need to just trust your instincts. No two kids are just alike. Don't let yourself get stressed if little Boone doesn't follow the exact schedule you want him to. He'll catch on eventually, but when you get to the point that you're so stressed and you want to pull your hair out...just relaaaaax. Things have a way of working themselves out. :)

Good luck! Love ya!

Steph said...

I feel for you! I'm due today and things aren't looking good for me going into labor on my own....I LOVE being pregnant but I hate the waiting at the end!