Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sew what?

Hooter hiders, or the more appropriate term, nursing covers. Whenever one of my friends is having a baby shower I always like to make them one of these covers. I always just imagine them holding their little ones under these. So sweet AND modest! I learned how to make these at an enrichment class one night a couple of years ago and have been making them ever since. I have so many friends who are pregnant right now. I still have two more to make besides these.

They always turn out so cute. Here is for Kim and Ashley who are having girls...

And then for Emily and Holly who are having boys... (I love the one on the left so much though, I may keep it for myself.. :D)

And then the matching burp clothes to go with them.

Plus I had done this project at the end of May, the car seat cover, with Lindsey, my student teacher who was also pregnant, but I hadn't put the ribbon ties on yet. So I officially finished it. I love it!

I had this sitting in the middle of the room when Mason got home. We both kept thinking there was a baby hiding inside. There will be soon enough!!

PS: Do you see the package on the right?? Guess what that is?? Only the CUTEST baby bedding set that was ever created!!! Oh yes, you should be excited to see it!

7 comments:

Ashley Jane said...

Thank you! I am so excited to get it :) Looks like you have been busy. And you got the bedding that you wanted?! How fun. Isn't it becoming more and more real now??? Cant wait to see your little man :)

Ken and Kristina said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I LOVE them! When I have a baby I am seriously going to wait for mine!! You are so creative! Love it!

Everts said...

So... I have an idea. Would you make me a nursing cover and car seat cover if I pay you? :) They are SO cute!! How much would you charge?

Kara Miller said...

SO CUTE!!! I love that car seat cover. Ada kicks her legs like crazy when she sees the hooter hider...she knows what it means! :)

Jennifer Starr said...

How stinkin cute are you? I wish I was that talented!

Clayton and Niki said...

What the crap? I didn't know you were crafty. We need to get together and make stuff! haha. Everything you did is so dang cute. And I'm with you on that hooter hider. I'd keep it for myself too, it's precious! :) Love you!

Stephanie Saunders said...

I want to see things that you've made for YOUR baby!! And I want to see the world's cutest baby bedding ever. Hurray for babies!