Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A masseur...

For those of you who don't know what a massuer is... it's a male masseuse.

At the end of the year one of my students gave me a spa finder gift certificate. So being we have had so much stress with moving and Mason's first day of school being this upcoming Monday (there are all kinds of sore muscles in this house!!) I scheduled for Mason and I to get a couples massage on Saturday. They asked me if it was okay if I had a man. I felt dumb as I sat there pondering if it, I mean, if I was okay with that or not. I mean, why not? It's just the same as some woman giving Mason a massage as for me to have a man give me a massage. Why does that sound so strange. I told the lady on the phone that I guess I didn't mind and she said, "Good, because he's our best but some people don't like that."

But I mean what's the big deal? Come on... I'm 8 months pregnant. How 'hot' can that be? Haha!!

Have any of you had a masseur before? Was it weird? Hmm....

6 comments:

Ashley Jane said...

No, I have not, so I would not know. But I got a gift certificate to get a mommy-to-be massage for my birthday. I am excited to use it. Let me know how yours goes... I hope it helps :)

Nicole said...

Not wierd. Some of the best massages I have ever gotten were from men. You are getting close... can't wait to see the little guy! Miss you!

Kara Miller said...

I personally like women better, because I like deep massages. For the most part, the men I've had are waaaaay too gentle!

Quindi said...

I've never had a massage I didn't enjoy, but the ones I've had from guys I particularly enjoy because most girls just can't do it hard enough.

Jana and Brett said...

Yes...I asked for a lady...but because I went by myself. I didn't want to be in some room with a stranger creepy man. :0) I asked Brett if he would go with me, and he said he didn't feel comfortable with a lady masseuse, and really uncomfortable with a man! Ha! Oh well..

Julie said...

I had one from a guy when I was in college up in Salt Lake... but it was weird because I was single and it just didn't feel right to be alone all naked with him. haha But you are prego and your hubby will be there so maybe not so weird :)