Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Krispy Kreme Cheese Burger

My dad sent me this article about this new burger they are starting to sell at fairs and baseball games back east. I was so disturbed by it, it's been on my mind all night! SO SICK!

And get this... This is a direct quote from the article:

The KKC appeared at a Massachusetts fair in 2009 and at this year's Kentucky and Wisconsin state fairs.The Machine Shed, a restaurant with a food concession at the Wisconsin State Fair, told the Milwaukee Journal it expected to sell about 3,500 Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers over the first three days of the fair. About a quarter of its customers were pitching in an extra buck for the side order of chocolate-covered bacon.

Oh wow. I remember when I went to the Utah State Fair when they were starting to sell deep fried PB&J's, deep fried oreos, deep fried twinkies. But chocolate covered bacon!? Even for a pregnant lady who is suppose to have strange cravings that is a bit DISGUSTING!!

Be proud America! I love being the fattest country in the world.

Here is the whole article if you would like to read this yourself: Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger

Now that I have been ranting and raving... would any of you try this? Don't worry... I won't call you disgusting if you would. Salty and sweet - right??

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

No way on the burger, but I would definitely eat chocolate covered bacon! How are you feeling?

Ken and Kristina said...

Oh sick!! That sounds and looks disgusting! And Kimberly... I have had chocolate covered bacon. It's certainly an interesting flavor combination!

Jana and Brett said...

Oh my PUKE me a river! bleck!

xantogal said...

Ummm... really? I eat strange food combinations as it is, but I don't think that would be on my top "100 strange food combinations to eat" list. Wow.

xantogal said...

... and I've been happily eating Krispy Kreme's on my trip. I kinda wanna puke if I think about adding hamburger stuff... eeewwww.

Adam said...

So you're telling me you wouldn't even try the chocolate bacon? I'd certainly be curious enough to do so.

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)

Quindi said...

I recently had maple bacon cupcakes.

They were amazing.

Marianne and Kory said...

That's really funny because I just went to Orange County's State Fair and Kory and I totally tried the chocolate covered bacon with our friends. Honestly it wasn't bad at all. I could hardly taste the bacon. It kind of tasted like a chocolate covered pretzel or something. I do like sweet and salty things though. I would eat it again, but it was way expensive so not worth the cost.

Marianne and Kory said...

I don't think I could go for the donut burger though. That does make my stomache turn. By the way, you make a VERY cute pregnant person!

Luke said...

Sounds like something worth trying once! Then getting back on the elliptical machine for an hour...

Chocolate and bacon are two of my favorites.