Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chubs

I feel like I have been so blessed during this pregnancy to have the opportunity to see my little guy so often. I got to get another ultrasound last Tuesday due to the fact that I was starting with a new doctor down here. The tech was so nice and she said that being he was posing so nicely we would get to get a lot of pictures of him. She also let me know that he is a chubby little thing. Here is a profile of his face. The thing that looks like brass knuckles about his nose is the umbilical cord. His lips are puckered and I got to see him sucking them in and out.

As she was measuring his stomach she asked me, "Did you know you have a chubby baby?" I suppose my response should have been something like, "Oh, no wonder I'm so gigantic." or "How dare you call my baby chubby..." But I didn't really know what to say to that comment. She then told me that he was in the 90th percentile. Here is the picture of his pot belly. I know it doesn't mean much to you, but I thought for the story's sake I should include it.


My thoughts were: 90th percentile!? That's HUGE! This kid is going to be gigantic if he goes full term. What am I going to do??? But then I had my doctors appt on Thursday and I asked her about his size. And she said, "Only his stomach measured in the 90th percentile. He overall measures in the 67th." Whew. Ok, that's better.

Right now he weighs 6.1 oz. Yes, I know some of you out there never even had a baby reach that size. I've got a healthy pot-bellied baby cookin' inside me. And I can't wait to squish those little cheeks... so I wouldn't mind if he came early one bit!!!



I love this video because of the grimace he makes. If only he knew that's how uncomfortable I felt on the outside too. We have something in common little guy. We are both majorly uncomfortable and grimace a lot - except you are being squeezed and I'm being stretched. YIKES!

The doctor told me that as long as he came after Wednesday (that's when he'll be 36 weeks) we'd be good to take him home. Anyone wanna go jogging with me Thursday morning??

6 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

haha jogging. I used to have dreams about running when I was pregnant with Brock. And I'm loving it now...
What a cute chubby baby! You know, babies gain 1 pound every week the last month. :0) Good luck! haha Brock was 3 days early, and was 9.7 lbs...he was my easiest delivery so far (imagine that!) I have loved his chubbiness from Day 1! I really do believe they are more content when they come out huge. :0)

xantogal said...

I will totally go jogging with you! :) He is so adorable, I can't wait to meet him in person.

Ken and Kristina said...

I love the chubby baby!! Allison... how amazing to be able to see the little guy in your tummy. I love this post!!

Kara Miller said...

That ultrasound is incredible!! Is that 4D? You can just see his sweet little face and chubby cheeks so well! I agree with Jana, the bigger they come out, the cuter and happier they are. Ada came out 9 lbs. and has slept through the night since we brought her home. I can't wait to see his adorable rolls!! xoxo

Clayton and Niki said...

Oh my goodness. That video is awesome. I never did the 3D ultrasound with Van. That's one thing I wish I would have done. He does look like a chubba bubba. I love chunky babies! Van was pretty tiny when he was born, but he's already chunked up quite a bit and I love it! And I'll tell you, jogging totally works! The night before I had Van I must have done close to 20 laps at the mall. haha. I'm in for a run! :) Let me know the second anything happens. We've got to get our little guys together when yours gets here. Do you have a name for him yet? :)

On a side note...that thing below is making me type "mistatio". Sounds like the Italian word for "mustache"! haha.

Julie said...

Love the video :) Wish I had one of those done! Our newest little guy only weighed 6 lbs 1 oz at birth! Isaac was 9 lbs 5 oz. so you should be just fine!